delphi 3.0 client/server and informix?

is anyone using delphi 3's native links to informix? we are currently using
2.0 and odbc and are wondering if it is worth the upgrade to c/s. please
let me know your opinions.

james r. coplin

Re:delphi 3.0 client/server and informix?

"james coplin" <copl0...@maroon.tc.umn.edu> wrote:
>is anyone using delphi 3's native links to informix? we are currently using
>2.0 and odbc and are wondering if it is worth the upgrade to c/s. please
>let me know your opinions.

>james r. coplin

We have seen problems with Delphi 2 and Informix CLI 2.5 ODBC with BLOBfields.

These problems did not occur with Delphi 2 C/S and SQL Links for Informix  with
I-Connect. Performance is also better.

But it seems that you have to uninstall CLI and install I-Connect instead
because otherwise you could(will) have problems with the Informix ISQLT07C.DLL.
These problems also occurred with non-Delphi apps that use the native drivers
with CLI installed, so it is not a Delphi problem.

Danny Heijl.
---

Danny.He...@cevi.be    http://www.cevi.be/pp/danny/dhe.htm

AT WORK :      | HOME :
---------------------------------
Danny Heijl    |
CEVI VZW       | Danny Heijl
Bisdomplein 3  | Winterstraat 4
9000 Gent      | 9000 Gent
Belgium        | Belgium
---------------------------------

Re:delphi 3.0 client/server and informix?

Hi

We use IConnect + New ODBC Drivers from Intersolv {Ver 3.0} + ODBCExpress.
Performance is much better than using the BDE with native drivers.

Download a trail copy at www.odbcexpress.com and check for yourself.

Hannes

Danny Heijl <Danny.He...@cevi.be> wrote in article
<339c7451.3464...@news.belgium.eu.net>...

> "james coplin" <copl0...@maroon.tc.umn.edu> wrote:

> >is anyone using delphi 3's native links to informix? we are currently
using
> >2.0 and odbc and are wondering if it is worth the upgrade to c/s. please
> >let me know your opinions.

> >james r. coplin

> We have seen problems with Delphi 2 and Informix CLI 2.5 ODBC with
BLOBfields.

> These problems did not occur with Delphi 2 C/S and SQL Links for Informix
 with
> I-Connect. Performance is also better.

> But it seems that you have to uninstall CLI and install I-Connect instead
> because otherwise you could(will) have problems with the Informix
ISQLT07C.DLL.
> These problems also occurred with non-Delphi apps that use the native
drivers
> with CLI installed, so it is not a Delphi problem.

> Danny Heijl.
> ---

> Danny.He...@cevi.be    http://www.cevi.be/pp/danny/dhe.htm

> AT WORK :      | HOME :