System Tray replacement

Does somebody know how I can make a SysTray replacement.
I want to develop my own shell (Explorer replacement). But I
don't know how to create the system tray. I've seen LiteStep do it,
but the sources are in C and I'm unable to port it to Delphi..

Note:I do not want to put an icon in the tray, I want to replace the tray...

Regards,
Jelte

Re:System Tray replacement

I would like to know the answer to this as well, as I am also making a shell

--
Cheers

From Steve G
visit http://gunsoft.cjb.net - free software, mp3's, and more
icq #forty eight million three hundred and two thousand and ninety two

Jelte Snijders <cu...@dds.nl> wrote in message

> Does somebody know how I can make a SysTray replacement.
> I want to develop my own shell (Explorer replacement). But I
> don't know how to create the system tray. I've seen LiteStep do it,
> but the sources are in C and I'm unable to port it to Delphi..

> Note:I do not want to put an icon in the tray, I want to replace the
tray...

> Regards,
> Jelte

Re:System Tray replacement

>I would like to know the answer to this as well, as I am also making a
shell
>Cheers

where I could get LiteStep (what is the size of it?)?
in general: how do you make a SHELL ?????
how does it differ from any normal program in delphi??

any sites that deal with this stuff??
making your own shell sounds wery tempting and I would like wey much to know
how to do it.

I would be most appreciative for any help,
Popov Igor
-----------
i...@vkjetnet.co.yu
http://www.vkjetnet.co.yu/~igyp
-----------
OTPOR! do pobede

Re:System Tray replacement

Dear Jelte.

In the book "Programmers Guide to Microsoft Windows 95" you can read it all
on the pages 255 tto 268.

Tip  : SHAppbarMessage in ShellAPI

Gunnar Martensen

Jelte Snijders <cu...@dds.nl> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:872fo4$4a...@nereid.worldonline.nl...

> Does somebody know how I can make a SysTray replacement.
> I want to develop my own shell (Explorer replacement). But I
> don't know how to create the system tray. I've seen LiteStep do it,
> but the sources are in C and I'm unable to port it to Delphi..

> Note:I do not want to put an icon in the tray, I want to replace the
tray...

> Regards,
> Jelte

Other Threads