Cubic spline algorithm?

Does anyone have some code which draws a smooth curve through a number
of points?

--
Billy Nice

E-Mail: bi...@sysgenics.co.uk        SysGenics Limited
Telephone: +44 0181 296 9091         Central House, 1 Alwyne Road
Fax: +44 0181 296 9160               Wimbledon, London, SW19 7AB, UK

Re:Cubic spline algorithm?

b>Does anyone have some code which draws a smooth curve through a number
 >of points?

There is a series of books on the market, "Numerical Recipes in ____",
with companion example books.  I have the "C" example book.  I think I
have been "relieved" of the main text, it seems:-(  I am certain there
is a Pascal set.  Several curve and point smoothing algorithms are
covered in detail.

Initially I found them in the reference section of a near by University
library.  Thought I was going to fit all kind of curves, so bought the
books.  Poof!  There went the big project plan!

Fred
---

Re:Cubic spline algorithm?

Check out the TxyGraph component (postcard-ware by Grahame Grieve),
the component comes with source and includes spline for connecting points.

This is from the Grahame Grieve - TxyGraph about page in the help file:

#=================================================================
#TxyGraph is Postcardware.
#If you like it and use it, send me a postcard at
#Grahame Grieve
#Biochemistry
#St. Vincents Hospital
#Fitzroy 3065
#Australia.
#
#Kim Kirkpatrick, kirkpatr...@nmhu.campus.mci.net is as much responsible
for
#the performance and code of TxyGraph as I am. Thanks very much, Kim.
#Parts of this code were donated by Paul Bailey, pa...@maties.sun.ac.za
#If you enhance the source code any, send me a copy
<g.gri...@pgrad.unimelb.edu.au>.
#If it's a real improvement and you approve, I'll add it to mine and post
the new version.
#
#TxyGraph can be found at http://www.medstv.unimelb.edu.au/aas/xygraph.htm

I have only tested the component biefly. It has good perfromance and the
included source is very
useful, you should be able to figure out the splining from it.
I'm for one am going to send Grahame a postcard.

I have no affilition with G.Grieve, I just liked the charting component.

Mikael Rydstrom