SMTP Relay not work for some ISP

I'm testing the Indy SMTP Relay demo with different ISP.
Have no problem with most of the ISP. Still a few ISP refused
to relay the Email. Come back with a error: Socket Error # 10051
Network is unreachable.

Any solution to this ?

TIA
James Fan

Re:SMTP Relay not work for some ISP

In article <3d0e6154_2@dnews> in newsgroup
borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock on Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:23:33 -
0400, James Fan(jamesfan...@hotmail.com) said...

> I'm testing the Indy SMTP Relay demo with different ISP.
> Have no problem with most of the ISP. Still a few ISP refused
> to relay the Email. Come back with a error: Socket Error # 10051
> Network is unreachable.

> Any solution to this ?

Why do you want to relay SMTP? It's usually blocked to prevent spammers
hacking into open servers.

Re:SMTP Relay not work for some ISP

Dear James,

Not every ISP will allow SMTP Relaying.
For instance, our provider Demon doesn't allow it.
It prevents the isp's email servers from being overloaded with possible
spam.

I'm not sure if there's a way around it.
I think that's highly unlikely...

Rory

"James Fan" <jamesfan...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'm testing the Indy SMTP Relay demo with different ISP.
> Have no problem with most of the ISP. Still a few ISP refused
> to relay the Email. Come back with a error: Socket Error # 10051
> Network is unreachable.

> Any solution to this ?

> TIA
> James Fan