Event handling in many clients and one server in Delphi 4?

Hi,

    I downloaded the DelphiSinkDemo.zip from Bly's page and it really
helped me understand the concepts ( thanks by the way) and the exemple
is working fine. But how come that when I trigger an events in the
client1 it's not triggered in client2? Do I need MTS to test this?

How can I connect Client2 to the instance of server created by client1?

Anyway, what I want to do is when client1 is modified, all the other
clients refreshes them selves.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Re:Event handling in many clients and one server in Delphi 4?

Hello,

The D4 wizard goes as far as easily allowing you to create event connections
on a 1-to-1 basis. To do broadcasting of events (often called
multi-casting), you will need to write a bit more code in addition to what
the wizard does for you. I'll try to post another example on my site on how
to multi-cast the event mechanism in D4.

have fun,

--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc.

David Pare wrote in message <35AE378F.CE83F...@colba.net>...
>Hi,

>    I downloaded the DelphiSinkDemo.zip from Bly's page and it really
>helped me understand the concepts ( thanks by the way) and the exemple
>is working fine. But how come that when I trigger an events in the
>client1 it's not triggered in client2? Do I need MTS to test this?

>How can I connect Client2 to the instance of server created by client1?

>Anyway, what I want to do is when client1 is modified, all the other
>clients refreshes them selves.

>Thanks in advance!

>Dave

Other Threads