rdb$triggers and the rdb$flags column

Hi all,

does anyone know what the values in the rdb$flags column in the system table
rdb$triggers actually mean? (no, this is not documented in the Language
Reference)

I've noticed the following things:

when creating a check constraint, it says '1'. A couple of system triggers
have '2' and '0'. When creating a foreign key constraint, with ON DELETE SET
NULL, it says '3'...

Any more?
--
Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

InterBase Workbench - The Developer Tool for InterBase
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

Re:rdb$triggers and the rdb$flags column

> does anyone know what the values in the rdb$flags column in the system table
> rdb$triggers actually mean? (no, this is not documented in the Language
> Reference)

> I've noticed the following things:

> when creating a check constraint, it says '1'. A couple of system triggers
> have '2' and '0'. When creating a foreign key constraint, with ON DELETE SET
> NULL, it says '3'...

In jrd/flags.h you can find:
/* flags for RDB$TRIGGERS */
#define TRG_sql  0x1
#define TRG_ignore_perm 0x2     /* trigger ignores permissions checks */

If the trigger does not have TRG_sql set, then when you show database structure such trigger will be commented.
I do not know how to use TRG_ignore_perm (I tried to set it for my trigger along with setting rdb$system_flag=1,
but I have not noticed any relaxation of permission checkings)

--
Ivan
http://www.volny.cz/iprenosil/interbase

Re:rdb$triggers and the rdb$flags column

Hmmm... nothing more than that... I guess there are some other places where
there are some values defined...

Thanks!

--
Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

"Ivan Prenosil" <preno...@ms.anet.cz> wrote in message

> > does anyone know what the values in the rdb$flags column in the system
table
> > rdb$triggers actually mean? (no, this is not documented in the Language
> > Reference)

> > I've noticed the following things:

> > when creating a check constraint, it says '1'. A couple of system
triggers
> > have '2' and '0'. When creating a foreign key constraint, with ON DELETE
SET
> > NULL, it says '3'...

> In jrd/flags.h you can find:
> /* flags for RDB$TRIGGERS */
> #define TRG_sql  0x1
> #define TRG_ignore_perm 0x2     /* trigger ignores permissions checks */

> If the trigger does not have TRG_sql set, then when you show database

structure such trigger will be commented.
> I do not know how to use TRG_ignore_perm (I tried to set it for my trigger

along with setting rdb$system_flag=1,

> but I have not noticed any relaxation of permission checkings)

> --
> Ivan
> http://www.volny.cz/iprenosil/interbase

Other Threads