Replace for Execute of Parados DOS PAL

Someone know any tool for Delphi that replace the statment EXECUTE that
exist
in Paradox 4.0 or 4.5 DOS. In this statment you can put commands and
they are
executed,  for ex. Execute('a=123') and if after  Print a    the print
result is 123.
Thanks in advance

Re:Replace for Execute of Parados DOS PAL

In article <37B8B4EE.8803B...@netverk.com.ar>, Hpc wrote:
> Someone know any tool for Delphi that replace the statment EXECUTE that
> exist in Paradox 4.0 or 4.5 DOS.

They don't exist because Delphi is compiled, not interpreted at run time.

 Mike Orriss (TeamB)
 (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 4.03)
 (Unsolicited e-mail replies will most likely be ignored)

Re:Replace for Execute of Parados DOS PAL

Thanks Mike, but my question is because Clipper have an Execute, and
this is
compiled.
Mike Orriss (TeamB) wrote:
> In article <37B8B4EE.8803B...@netverk.com.ar>, Hpc wrote:
> > Someone know any tool for Delphi that replace the statment EXECUTE
> that
> > exist in Paradox 4.0 or 4.5 DOS.

> They don't exist because Delphi is compiled, not interpreted at run
> time.

>  Mike Orriss (TeamB)
>  (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 4.03)
>  (Unsolicited e-mail replies will most likely be ignored)

Re:Replace for Execute of Parados DOS PAL

I think you will find that Clipper is "compiled" to something akin to p-code
and an interpreter is linked into the executable. A Delphi program is
compiled to machine language instructions so there is no compiler or
interpreter available at run time to process the code in an Execute
statement.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:Replace for Execute of Parados DOS PAL

Thanks Bill very good, but can you advise to me about how to do with
this case?
Bill Todd wrote:
> I think you will find that Clipper is "compiled" to something akin to
> p-code
> and an interpreter is linked into the executable. A Delphi program is
> compiled to machine language instructions so there is no compiler or
> interpreter available at run time to process the code in an Execute
> statement.

> Bill

> --

> Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:Replace for Execute of Parados DOS PAL

Your example does not show the power of execute.
In your case you can just write a:=123;
Sraya
hpc <hpco...@netverk.com.ar> wrote in message

> Someone know any tool for Delphi that replace the statment EXECUTE that
> exist
> in Paradox 4.0 or 4.5 DOS. In this statment you can put commands and
> they are
> executed,  for ex. Execute('a=123') and if after  Print a    the print
> result is 123.
> Thanks in advance

Re:Replace for Execute of Parados DOS PAL

There is no way to do what execute does. If you can provide a specific
example of what you are trying to do I might be able to show you another way
to accomplish what you need.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB