NT 3.51 with BDE on Netware

One of our customers is having trouble accessing some Paradox
tables in one of our applications. They are using NT 3.51 workstations,
with a Netware 4 server. They have a bunch of NT 4.0 workstations
which work just fine, with an appropriate net directory set
in the BDE Administrator and LOCAL SHARE = TRUE. When the same
settings are used on NT 3.51 machines though, they get
"Lock time out" messages trying to access the Paradox tables.

Any suggestions? The NT 4.0 and 3.51 machines DO want to access
the same copy of the tables. BDE 4.01 from Delphi 3.

thanks,
hamish