2 ?'s ModifyAlias and Data model

Can anyone shed some light on these two questions.

1.  What is the correct syntax/example of using ModifyAlias, I can't
seem to get it to work.

2.  Is there a delphi equivelent to Paradox data models where the
relationship between tables can identified and stored?  Or must this
all be done via query.
                                Thanks, Jack

Re:2 ?'s ModifyAlias and Data model

In article <31d361f7.4968...@news.pbinet.com>, ja...@sisna.com wrote:
>Can anyone shed some light on these two questions.

>1.  What is the correct syntax/example of using ModifyAlias, I can't
>seem to get it to work.

I've used this no problem. Note that you can't change the Driver Name of an
alias, so you should check if it is correct first, then delete and create
it again if not. Also, you need to save the BDE configuration (I forget the
method, but it is in Session).

--
Brad Aisa <ba...@tor.hookup.net>  http://www.hookup.net/~baisa/

"The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

In article <31d361f7.4968...@news.pbinet.com>, ja...@sisna.com writes:
>2.  Is there a delphi equivelent to Paradox data models where the
>relationship between tables can identified and stored?  Or must this
>all be done via query.

You could build your data model using TTable and TDataSource components
with the appropriate links on a blank form.  You can then use the "Form
Templates" tab in the Options|Gallery dialog and add the form you have
just created as a new template.  Whenever you want to use this DM just
create a new form using the new template.

I have only been using D16 to date so there may be something else in D32
and I would be interested to hear of neat ideas on this in both versions.

 Brian Stone, Peterborough, UK (ston...@aol.com)