DDE in Delphi 2.0

It's me again!!!

The problem I'm having is setting a DDeClientItem.DdeItem Property
at run time.

A client/server link is established using SetLink and then the DdeItem
property is assigned to the DdeclientItem.

However the DdeItem property is still set to ''.

I am also unable to set the DdeItem property at design time.

Thanks

Daniel

Re:DDE in Delphi 2.0

Daniel Rosenbaum <dan...@sna.co.umist.ac.uk> wrote:
>It's me again!!!

It's me again too :-)

>The problem I'm having is setting a DDeClientItem.DdeItem Property
>at run time.

>A client/server link is established using SetLink and then the DdeItem
>property is assigned to the DdeclientItem.

>However the DdeItem property is still set to ''.

>I am also unable to set the DdeItem property at design time.

>Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

As ya'll know by now, i've quit using DDE, but as far as I remember
from before i stopped and got a life :-), you have to set
  AutoConnect := False;
to avoid your problem. If this doesn't do the trick, I'll have to
browse an old backup for the DDE stuff to see how I solved it, so let
me know.

|  Anders Bo Melander    | Phone: (+45) 31 87 91 26   |
|  Finsensvej 79, 2. tv. | mailto:a...@biocat.ruc.dk  |
|  DK-2000 Frederiksberg | flameto:bi...@microsoft.com|
|  Denmark               | (This space for rent :-)   |
| http://ftp.frontier.dk/public/Delphi2/tbedit01.html |