Install T.Pascal 1.5 in Windows95?

Has anyone else had problems in installing Turbo Pascal 1.5 in
Windows95?  TP seemed to dominate everything...causing other programs
to fail?  Was so bad, needed to reformate and reinstall everything.
Fun!? I realize TP 1.5 was designed for Windows 3.1...

Thanks!

Re:Install T.Pascal 1.5 in Windows95?

ar...@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Has anyone else had problems in installing Turbo Pascal 1.5 in
> Windows95?  TP seemed to dominate everything...causing other programs
> to fail?  Was so bad, needed to reformate and reinstall everything.
> Fun!? I realize TP 1.5 was designed for Windows 3.1...

> Thanks!

[I use Win95] Other than taking up disk space and one shortcut key,
Windows hardly even knows TPW is there. I would suggest something else
is causing the problems.
--
AIBrain Home Page -"Artificially Intelligent Brain"
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/7677/index.html

"How fast are the monkeys typing?" -BlackF...@Technologist.com

Re:Install T.Pascal 1.5 in Windows95?

Appreciate your note concerning installation of Turbo Pascal 1.5
in Windows 95. We'll look elsewhere for problem.  Do you happen to
remember is you "updated" two dll files(tdwgui.dll and tdwinth.dll) in
the dw.ini directory? I ran across some reference to this--but without
explanation.

     Thanks again!

ar...@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Has anyone else had problems in installing Turbo Pascal 1.5 in
> Windows95?  TP seemed to dominate everything...causing other programs
> to fail?  Was so bad, needed to reformate and reinstall everything.
> Fun!? I realize TP 1.5 was designed for Windows 3.1...

> Thanks!

  While I no longer use TPWin 1.5 I did have quite a bit of trouble with
the de{*word*81} when i switched to Win 95.  In my case, I believe the
trouble had something to do with the screen swapping in that de{*word*81}
screen would sometimes be black and after switching back to the program
the cursor would be scrambled or the vertical sync would be wacked out.
In the end, I just gave up and eventually switched to Delphi.

Bob Lee

Re:Install T.Pascal 1.5 in Windows95?

I just installed it 2 days ago and runs perfectly fine here..(or maybe I
should say so far.)  In the computer Lab where I am taking a computer
Science class we are also using TPW 1.5 and it runs fine.

AIBrain <aibr...@usa.net> wrote in article <3433EA41.AC4EE...@usa.net>...

On Wed, 01 Oct 1997 12:19:55 -0700, ar...@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>Has anyone else had problems in installing Turbo Pascal 1.5 in
>Windows95?  TP seemed to dominate everything...causing other programs
>to fail?  Was so bad, needed to reformate and reinstall everything.
>Fun!? I realize TP 1.5 was designed for Windows 3.1...

I haven't had any problems.

Bye,

Mauro Molinari
(Pascal programmer & musician)
Internet e-mail: mauro...@tin.it
Digital Things Home Page: http://space.tin.it/musica/gvettora

*** To send me an e-mail, select the right address.
*** Per mandarmi una e-mail, scegli l'indirizzo corretto.

Other Threads