ques abt running compiled .exe

        I seem to have a slight problem. I wrote a program using delphi
dbase tables. I used aliases and put them in my table dbasename. But
after compiling and trying to run them on another computer w/o delphi or
dbase, they could not recognise the dbasename. How do I modify my program
to allow for this? can reply here or e-mail. Thank You.

Re:ques abt running compiled .exe

In article <4cgk0c$...@temasek.teleview.com.sg> jh...@temasek.teleview.com.sg (Toh Jia Hsiang) writes:

>        I seem to have a slight problem. I wrote a program using delphi
>dbase tables. I used aliases and put them in my table dbasename. But
>after compiling and trying to run them on another computer w/o delphi or
>dbase, they could not recognise the dbasename. How do I modify my program
>to allow for this? can reply here or e-mail. Thank You.

You can set up the alias-name on their machine using the BDE Configuration
Utility, which is installed when you install the BDE on their machine.

You can also set up your program to define the alias with the TDatabase
object, although it's a bit tricky.

/mr/

Other Threads