Indy CC

How do I add multiple recipients to the carbon copy or the blind
carbon copy list. Are these in fact string lists?
tia
mike young

Re:Indy CC

Have you checked the mailclient demo that comes with Indy?
If you didn't - take a look at the CCList and BCCList in the SMTP component.

---
Sergio.

Re:Indy CC

"Mike Young" <res0a...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> How do I add multiple recipients to the carbon copy or the blind
> carbon copy list. Are these in fact string lists?

No, they are TIdEmailAddresItem properties.  Check the Help file.

Re:Indy CC

"Don Siders - Team Indy" <side...@att.net> wrote in message

> No, they are TIdEmailAddresItem properties.  Check the Help file.

Oops, sorry... they are TIdEmailAddressItem properties.

Re:Indy CC

Sergio,
I have done this. I found only a simple assignment example
i.e. IdMsgSend->CCList->EMailAddresses=edtCC->Text;
This works fine but I still don't know how to add additional
addresses.
The help for the SMTP componant does not make any reference to
CCList or BCCList. Can someone please privide the syntax for doing this?
tia
mike young

Sergio Perry - Team Indy wrote:

> Have you checked the mailclient demo that comes with Indy?
> If you didn't - take a look at the CCList and BCCList in the SMTP component.

> ---
> Sergio.

Re:Indy CC

Don,
  I have gone thru the help and found that both The CClist and the
BCClist are members of the message item. What I can not find is the
a method of either list that will allow me to enter multiple addresses.
How about a piece of code please?
tia
mike young

>   I have gone thru the help and found that both The CClist and the
> BCClist are members of the message item. What I can not find is the
> a method of either list that will allow me to enter multiple addresses.
> How about a piece of code please?

Ok... I've written these using #60 and #62 because OE hides these characters
in the email.  You *don't* have to do this in your code.

   AMessage.CCList.EmailAddresses := '"John Doe" '  + #60 + 'j...@bogus.net'
+ #62 +
      ', "Suzy Que" ' + #60 + 'su...@ccr.com' + #62;

Or if you'd prefer, you can work with the email adresses individually:

   with CCList.Add do
   begin
        Address := #60 + 'j...@bogus.net' + #62;
        Name := 'John Doe';
   end;

   with CCList.Add do
   begin
        Address := #60 + 'su...@ccr.com' + #62;
        Name := 'Suzy Que';
   end;

hth...

Don

>    with CCList.Add do
>    begin
>         Address := #60 + 'j...@bogus.net' + #62;
>         Name := 'John Doe';
>    end;

>    with CCList.Add do
>    begin
>         Address := #60 + 'su...@ccr.com' + #62;
>         Name := 'Suzy Que';
>    end;

Hi Don,

Personally i like to use the latter option you gave (the one still listed
below) .

> hth

^^^^^
What do you mean by this?
I don't get it why you sign out with 'How The Hell' as this is the normal
meaning of this abbriviation..

Greetz,
Marco.

Re:Indy CC

"Arthuro" <hexorha...@vaxor.com> wrote in message news:3b402575_2@dnews...
> > hth
> ^^^^^
> What do you mean by this?

Hope this helps.

Re:Indy CC

> > > hth
> > ^^^^^
> > What do you mean by this?

Hadi Tokes Herbs ????    :-P

/A.

> "Arthuro" <hexorha...@vaxor.com> wrote in message news:3b402575_2@dnews...

> > > hth
> > ^^^^^
> > What do you mean by this?

> Hope this helps.

Thanks!
I knew it must be something much more friendly than the one i knew..

Greetz,
Marco.

Other Threads