FLI Player

Hi,

I'm tring to make a FLI/FLC player in Pascal, now is my question
could anyone tell me what the FLI_BRUN (Bytewise run-length compression)
type meens, and does anybody know what type 7 stand for? I know type 4, 11,
12, 13, 15, 16 and 18.

Thanks in advance,

Martyn

Re:FLI Player

Martyn wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm tring to make a FLI/FLC player in Pascal, now is my question
> could anyone tell me what the FLI_BRUN (Bytewise run-length compression)
> type meens, and does anybody know what type 7 stand for? I know type 4, 11,
> 12, 13, 15, 16 and 18.

The answer to both questions is in the FLI/FLC documentation I included
in the PCGPE. FLI_BRUN is similar to FLI_LC, but without skips. Id 7 is
FLI_DELTA, which is a number of compressed lines stored seperately. Go
to my page below and follow the link to the PCGPE home page and then to
the articles themselves. If I remember correctly it's in the
Graphics/File Formats section. Alternatively you can ftp the entire
PCGPE from x2ftp.oulu.fi//pub/msdos/programming/gpe/pcgpe10.zip

Cheers,

Mark Feldman                                mailto:pc...@geocities.com
                           http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2151

Re:FLI Player

On 19 Feb 1997, Martyn wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm tring to make a FLI/FLC player in Pascal, now is my question
> could anyone tell me what the FLI_BRUN (Bytewise run-length compression)
> type meens, and does anybody know what type 7 stand for? I know type 4, 11,
> 12, 13, 15, 16 and 18.

Type seven is FLI_DELTA: The next lines are from fli_flc.txt
(ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi/pub/msdos/programming/formats/fli_flc.txt):
Chunk type       Chunk ID
  ----------       -----------
  FLI_DELTA        7 (decimal)

  First WORD (16 bits) is the number of compressed lines to follow.  Next
  is the data for the changing lines themselves, always starting with the
  first line.   Each line is compressed individually.

  The first WORD (16 bits) of a compressed line is the number of packets in
  the line.  If the number of packets is a negative skip -packets lines.
  If the number of packets is positive, decode the packets.  The format of
  an individual packet is:

  skip_count
  size_count
  data

  The skip count is a single byte.  If more than 255 pixels are to be
  skipped, it must be broken into 2 packets.  The size_count is also a byte.
  If it is positive, that many WORDS of data follow and are to be copied to
  the screen.  If it is negative, a single WORDS value follows, and is to be
  repeated -size_count times.

FLI_BRUN Chunks
     These are much like FLI_LC chunks without the skips.  They
start immediately with the data for the first line, and go line-
by-line from there.  The first byte contains the number of
packets in that line.  The format for a packet is:

No problem.
If you download the above mentioned document, make sure to download
the source of a working fli player also, cause I mentiones some
bugs while programming my own player.

> Thanks in advance,

> Martyn

Lenny