Refresh problem with shared table on a Novell file server, using Delphi 5

Hello friends,

I'm using a shared table on a Novell file server. I have two BDE based
applications running on PCs connected to the server. When application 1
changes a data field in the shared table via a TTable.Post and I try to
do a refresh on application 2 (to see the changes) via a TQuery:

Query.Close;
Query.Open;

nothing happens. I always see the old data. Only when application 2
changes itself another data field, on the sudden the changed data field
from application 1 also appears. The upper code sequence then works
suddenly. The BDE NETDIR is configured correctly.

Can anybody help ?