Slow to Connecton on Internet Connection interclient

Is there any reason why Java Interclient  DriveManager.getConnection
takes 30 seconds on an internet connection to return from the call. Over
the local network it comes back in immediately.

I am running the open source linux binaries 6.01 from borlands site, and
using the java interserver/interclient (2.0 beta?).
    The server is on linux. the client java machine in on windows 2000.

Usiing an @home connection, the  DriverManager.getConnection(sURL,
info);
comes back in about 30 seconds.

Is there any particular reason for this.... I've setup the
interclient/interserver using the typical linux  xinetd settings i've
seen elseware.. I don't see that there's alot of traffic during the
delay.

// Here are my interserver / ibase xinetd files (just so it's clear that
there's nothing 'funny' in my setups..

//interserver
service interserver
{
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        protocol        = tcp
        log_on_success  += USERID
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        server          = /usr/interclient/bin/interserver

}

service gds_db
{
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream wait
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        log_on_success  += USERID
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        server          = /opt/interbase/bin/ibserver

}

Any help would be appreciated.

    Sergio Olivas
    soli...@home.com