Excel importing in Paradox with delphi??

Hello,

I'm using a paradox database where I stack the data. Now I want the user to
give the possibility to update the tables in the
database by means of an Excel file.

The purpose is that the user can make a excelsheet with the updated values.
He just has to locate the file in the delphi program and the program
replaces the existing paradox file with the new excelfile and replace the
format to paradox?
Is this possible?
Or is it possible to loop over all the cells in an excel worksheet and put
them in the paradox table from delphi

Where can I find information about this?

Thanks
Bart

Bart Plevoets
Universitair Centrum voor Statistiek
de Croylaan 52B
3001 Leuven
Tel: 016/ 32 27 87
Fax: 016/ 32 28 31
E-mail: Bart.Plevo...@ucs.kuleuven.ac.be

Re:Excel importing in Paradox with delphi??

You could save the data from Excel as a CSV (comma delimited) and then
import the comma delimited file into your Paradox table.
Bart Plevoets wrote in message <939375022.165608@marvin>...
>Hello,

>I'm using a paradox database where I stack the data. Now I want the user to
>give the possibility to update the tables in the
>database by means of an Excel file.

>The purpose is that the user can make a excelsheet with the updated values.
>He just has to locate the file in the delphi program and the program
>replaces the existing paradox file with the new excelfile and replace the
>format to paradox?
>Is this possible?
>Or is it possible to loop over all the cells in an excel worksheet and put
>them in the paradox table from delphi

>Where can I find information about this?

>Thanks
>Bart

>Bart Plevoets
>Universitair Centrum voor Statistiek
>de Croylaan 52B
>3001 Leuven
>Tel: 016/ 32 27 87
>Fax: 016/ 32 28 31
>E-mail: Bart.Plevo...@ucs.kuleuven.ac.be

Re:Excel importing in Paradox with delphi??

Is this importing possible from delphi code?

Brad Prendergast <br...@bpsoftware.com> wrote in message

> You could save the data from Excel as a CSV (comma delimited) and then
> import the comma delimited file into your Paradox table.

> Bart Plevoets wrote in message <939375022.165608@marvin>...
> >Hello,

> >I'm using a paradox database where I stack the data. Now I want the user
> >give the possibility to update the tables in the
> >database by means of an Excel file.

> >The purpose is that the user can make a excelsheet with the updated
values.
> >He just has to locate the file in the delphi program and the program
> >replaces the existing paradox file with the new excelfile and replace the
> >format to paradox?
> >Is this possible?
> >Or is it possible to loop over all the cells in an excel worksheet and
put
> >them in the paradox table from delphi

> >Where can I find information about this?

> >Thanks
> >Bart

> >Bart Plevoets
> >Universitair Centrum voor Statistiek
> >de Croylaan 52B
> >3001 Leuven
> >Tel: 016/ 32 27 87
> >Fax: 016/ 32 28 31
> >E-mail: Bart.Plevo...@ucs.kuleuven.ac.be

Re:Excel importing in Paradox with delphi??

Bart,

you can open the Excel as OLE object and update the your Paradox data by
cells navigation in Excel sheet

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik.
E-Mail: mshkol...@rs-ukraine.kiev.ua

Bart Plevoets ??? a ???? <939375022.165608@marvin> ...

>Hello,

>I'm using a paradox database where I stack the data. Now I want the user to
>give the possibility to update the tables in the
>database by means of an Excel file.

>The purpose is that the user can make a excelsheet with the updated values.
>He just has to locate the file in the delphi program and the program
>replaces the existing paradox file with the new excelfile and replace the
>format to paradox?
>Is this possible?
>Or is it possible to loop over all the cells in an excel worksheet and put
>them in the paradox table from delphi

>Where can I find information about this?

>Thanks
>Bart

>Bart Plevoets
>Universitair Centrum voor Statistiek
>de Croylaan 52B
>3001 Leuven
>Tel: 016/ 32 27 87
>Fax: 016/ 32 28 31
>E-mail: Bart.Plevo...@ucs.kuleuven.ac.be

Re:Excel importing in Paradox with delphi??

Why not use ODBC.  ODBC includes a driver for Excel that I use
often.  Either though the BDE or preferably through a BDE-less
ODBC solution like ODBCExpress (or ADOExpress if you have it).

Graham Wood - gdW fleetWare.

Bart Plevoets <Bart.Plevo...@ucs.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote in message

> Hello,

> I'm using a paradox database where I stack the data. Now I want the user
> give the possibility to update the tables in the
> database by means of an Excel file.

> The purpose is that the user can make a excelsheet with the updated
values.
> He just has to locate the file in the delphi program and the program
> replaces the existing paradox file with the new excelfile and replace the
> format to paradox?
> Is this possible?
> Or is it possible to loop over all the cells in an excel worksheet and put
> them in the paradox table from delphi

> Where can I find information about this?

> Thanks
> Bart

> Bart Plevoets
> Universitair Centrum voor Statistiek
> de Croylaan 52B
> 3001 Leuven
> Tel: 016/ 32 27 87
> Fax: 016/ 32 28 31
> E-mail: Bart.Plevo...@ucs.kuleuven.ac.be

Re:Excel importing in Paradox with delphi??

There's a couple of pretty good  components in the DSP which allow you to
access Excel spreadsheets fro D3 and D4. One by Litka (?spell), which I use,
and I know there are others. I understand D5 has Excel access components
built in, but I haven't experimented with them yet.

Robert

Graham Wood <q9421...@mail.connect.usq.edu.au> wrote in message

> Why not use ODBC.  ODBC includes a driver for Excel that I use
> often.  Either though the BDE or preferably through a BDE-less
> ODBC solution like ODBCExpress (or ADOExpress if you have it).

> Graham Wood - gdW fleetWare.

> Bart Plevoets <Bart.Plevo...@ucs.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote in message
> > Hello,

> > I'm using a paradox database where I stack the data. Now I want the user
> > give the possibility to update the tables in the
> > database by means of an Excel file.

> > The purpose is that the user can make a excelsheet with the updated
> values.
> > He just has to locate the file in the delphi program and the program
> > replaces the existing paradox file with the new excelfile and replace
the
> > format to paradox?
> > Is this possible?
> > Or is it possible to loop over all the cells in an excel worksheet and
put
> > them in the paradox table from delphi

> > Where can I find information about this?

> > Thanks
> > Bart

> > Bart Plevoets
> > Universitair Centrum voor Statistiek