Board index » delphi » exporting data to excel sheets

exporting data to excel sheets

        Well. Everything is said. i'd like to export data stored in
paradox files to excel format but I JUST CAN'T. I've read a few docs and
chapters in DELPHI3's books but I doesn't work. Has anyone documentation,
links or books on this subject ?

                Thanks for your answers,

                                                cedric.

 

Re:exporting data to excel sheets


Quote
regnier (regn...@ensinfo.univ-nantes.fr) wrote:

:       Well. Everything is said. i'd like to export data stored in
: paradox files to excel format but I JUST CAN'T. I've read a few docs and
: chapters in DELPHI3's books but I doesn't work. Has anyone documentation,
: links or books on this subject ?

I'm not sure exactly what you need to do, but the simplest thing
might be to copy your Paradox table to a dBASE (*.dbf) table,
which can then be read directly by Excel.
--
============================================================
Rick Carter   carte...@email.uc.edu   rcar...@tso.cin.ix.net
============================================================

Re:exporting data to excel sheets


Or you could create a comma separated file.  Excel also opens those.  You will
have to create a little routine that puts commas in between all your fields and
then adds a line when you reach the end of your record.

Re:exporting data to excel sheets


Try http://www.greglief.com/delphi.shtml.  Greg has an excellent Excell
component - recently updated!

Norman W. Clark
Email: ncl...@telusplanet.net
Web: www.telusplanet.net/public/nclark

Quote
regnier wrote in message ...

> Well. Everything is said. i'd like to export data stored in
>paradox files to excel format but I JUST CAN'T. I've read a few docs and
>chapters in DELPHI3's books but I doesn't work. Has anyone documentation,
>links or books on this subject ?

> Thanks for your answers,

> cedric.

Re:exporting data to excel sheets


If you use strings in there that maybe contain adresses, you may want
to use a comma-quote delimited and surround each field with quotes.
That way your comma's don't interfere.  Example:

"Field1","Field2","Field3","city, state zip","AnotherField"

I recently wrote a routine to export names and addresses to be used as
a mail merge and used this method.  If you just can't figure it out,
let me know and I'll be glad to mail it to you.

I've also seen a TExcel component that allows DDE communication with
Excel. Slow, but for just poking in little data tables it works.

On 5 Sep 1998 11:27:42 GMT, glatzfa...@aol.com (Glatzfamly) wrote:

Quote
>Or you could create a comma separated file.  Excel also opens those.  You will
>have to create a little routine that puts commas in between all your fields and
>then adds a line when you reach the end of your record.

Re:exporting data to excel sheets


Quote
Tony Maro wrote:
>I've also seen a TExcel component that allows DDE communication with
>Excel. Slow, but for just poking in little data tables it works.

Slow??  I just have one app here, where I transfer 160,000 "real" numbers
into Excel.  I experimented with clipboard and found it way too slow (> 5 seconds)
but with the freeware DDE I can now transfer the number set in < 3 seconds
AND I can put it into any selection of cells I want, meaning I can produce
a nicely formatted table.

(Oh btw,  this is just what I found.)

Other Threads