Quick Report replacement

Hi,

What is the best replacement for QuickReport 2.0K ?
The choice seem difficult between ReportPrinter Pro ,ReportBuilder and
ReportWriter.
I have many report to change from Quick Report 2.0K to another report
generator
and I want to be sure to make the correct move with my next report
generator.
I am wondering which one of them could be the easier to modify.

Thank's a lot

Jacques Beaudet
jb.electroni...@cgocable.ca

Re:Quick Report replacement

In article <35A15D9D.5...@cgocable.ca>, Jacques Beaudet wrote:
> What is the best replacement for QuickReport 2.0K ?
> The choice seem difficult between ReportPrinter Pro ,ReportBuilder and
> ReportWriter.

Be sure to include our ACE Reporter in your list to evaluate.  You can
get a trial version from our web page.  I'll be happy to answer
questions that come up while evaluating the trial version.

Regards,
Steve Tyrakowski
www.sct-associates.com

Re:Quick Report replacement

Your best bet to try the trial versions of ReportPrinterPro2 (at
www.nevrona.com) or ReportBuilder (I don't know offhand their website).  I
don't know anything about ReportWriter, but the previous two have trial
versions which are essentially the complete versions except for the fact
that they have to be run with Delphi's IDE active.  In this way, you can
evaluate and decide for yourself.  I myself use ReportPrinterPro2, which is
a code based report writer  (the latest version which is in beta will have
a visual designing interface).  I went with ReportPrinterPro2 because it
was more versatile in layout possibilities--at the time of my evaluation
last year, the other candidates were banded report writers.  It is my
understanding that ReportBuilder now provides for greater versatility in
layout possibilities, but I have no first hand knowledge.  I found
ReportPrinterPro2 to be very stable and bug-free (or as bug-free as Delphi
is).  ReportPrinterPro2 works great with memo fields (strings > 255
characters), which I was unable to get printing correctly with
QuickReport2.  QuickReport worked fine as long as the fields were less than
255 characters.  With either of these two report writers, you will have to
redo all of your reports from the ground up.  With ReportPrinterPro2, you
can at least reuse the TDataSets you setup with QuickReports.  Good luck.
Gene

Jacques Beaudet <jb.electroni...@cgocable.ca> wrote in article
<35A15D9D.5...@cgocable.ca>...

> Hi,

> What is the best replacement for QuickReport 2.0K ?
> The choice seem difficult between ReportPrinter Pro ,ReportBuilder and
> ReportWriter.
> I have many report to change from Quick Report 2.0K to another report
> generator
> and I want to be sure to make the correct move with my next report
> generator.
> I am wondering which one of them could be the easier to modify.

> Thank's a lot

> Jacques Beaudet
> jb.electroni...@cgocable.ca

Re:Quick Report replacement

Hi

After trying Rep.Smith, Crystall report and QR 2.0k i switched to Report
Builder pro.
I changed about 30-40 report from QR to RBpro. Most of them took about
half a hour to change. I still have some needs (export to a word, excel
etc) and I miss a good documentation to get behind the secrets of several
features. But I'm happy with this product so far.

Albert

Jacques Beaudet schrieb:

> Hi,

> What is the best replacement for QuickReport 2.0K ?
> The choice seem difficult between ReportPrinter Pro ,ReportBuilder and
> ReportWriter.
> I have many report to change from Quick Report 2.0K to another report
> generator
> and I want to be sure to make the correct move with my next report
> generator.
> I am wondering which one of them could be the easier to modify.

> Thank's a lot

> Jacques Beaudet
> jb.electroni...@cgocable.ca

Other Threads