Corrupted Icons at Higher Resolution

The icons for an application I have written have both 16x16 and 32x32 sized
icons with 16, 256 and true-color colour depth (in one icon resource), and were
created in Microangelo.

At 800 x 600 resolution these display perfectly in Win 9x (and also in 1024 x
768), but with Win XP in 1280 x 960 (laptop) and 1024 x 768 (desktop & laptop)
there are corruptions of the icons, typically the same type of corruption as
one gets when resizing a bit-map. The 1280 x 960 laptop is a Sony, so should
have good quality video hardware.

This type of corruption has not been seen in other aplications.

Any suggestions for the source of this corruption or for correcting it would be
gratefully received.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Re:Corrupted Icons at Higher Resolution

try turning down your video excelloration to see if that corrects it.
?

"Maynard Philbrook" <UseThis.jami...@mindspring.com> a crit dans le
message de news: 3EBD7379.461E7__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD$z__@mindspring.com...

> try turning down your video excelloration to see if that corrects

it.

'Acceleration' please.

Re:Corrupted Icons at Higher Resolution

In article <3EBD7379.461E7...@mindspring.com>, Maynard Philbrook

<UseThis.jami...@mindspring.com> writes:
>try turning down your video excelloration to see if that corrects it.

It excelloration which I need, I tried turning down the video acceleration and
it had no effect.

"AlanGLLoyd" <alangll...@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> The icons for an application I have written have both 16x16 and 32x32
sized
> icons with 16, 256 and true-color colour depth (in one icon resource), and
were
> created in Microangelo.

> At 800 x 600 resolution these display perfectly in Win 9x (and also in
1024 x
> 768), but with Win XP in 1280 x 960 (laptop) and 1024 x 768 (desktop &
laptop)
> there are corruptions of the icons, typically the same type of corruption
as
> one gets when resizing a bit-map. The 1280 x 960 laptop is a Sony, so
should
> have good quality video hardware.

> This type of corruption has not been seen in other aplications.

> Any suggestions for the source of this corruption or for correcting it
would be
> gratefully received.

Rename the file "ShellconCache" in your windows directory.
(delete it later; windows should create a new one)

It's a cahce file for your desktop icons.

hth
Andreas

Other Threads