Help: installing component without source code

I just recently started installing 3rd party components.
But when I try to install one without the .pas file, it says
it can not find the .pas file.  I only have the .dcu file.

This sounds like a newbie mistake.  What am I doing wrong?

--
Bob-o-Bob
Delphi and MFC Programming

The opinions expressed by Bob are in no way
supported by his parents.

Re:Help: installing component without source code

Bob-o-Bob wrote:

|> I just recently started installing 3rd party components.
|> But when I try to install one without the .pas file, it says
|> it can not find the .pas file.  I only have the .dcu file.
|>
|> This sounds like a newbie mistake.  What am I doing wrong?
|>
|> --
|> Bob-o-Bob
|> Delphi and MFC Programming
|> pal...@nlci.com
|>
|> The opinions expressed by Bob are in no way
|> supported by his parents.

If you are using Delphi 3.0, you have have the pas file.  If you are
talking about delphi 2.0, just make sure you have the  32 bit dcu file.

Re:Help: installing component without source code

Could it be just a Delphi version problem? All the versions 1,2,3 have
different .DCU files, and can't be used with 'wrong' version. You'll
need the PAS file to compile with your current D version.

Bob-o-Bob wrote:

> I just recently started installing 3rd party components.
> But when I try to install one without the .pas file, it says
> it can not find the .pas file.  I only have the .dcu file.

> This sounds like a newbie mistake.  What am I doing wrong?

> --
> Bob-o-Bob
> Delphi and MFC Programming
> pal...@nlci.com

> The opinions expressed by Bob are in no way
> supported by his parents.

Other Threads