using 320*200 (mode 13h) graphics in delphi 1.0..

Hi..

Starting as a newbie in delphi, i would like to know how to
use the old mode 13h bitmaps to a delphi canvas.
The way i know it is allocating some 64000 bytes of memory,
manipulating this block of data, (drawing and stuff ;-) and then
moving it to the graphics adapter (move[mybuffer,vgaaddr,64000])

I would like to do the same in delphi: defining some canvas, setting up
the palette (or redefining the colors of the image to the windows
palette) and "moving" my 64000 byte buffer to the canvas..

Maybe its a better idea converting the image to a bmp-file, then using
loadfromfile(..) and Strechting it to the canvas..
However, i still like to do some realtime manipulations on my buffer
(like fire, and text) etc, for which i have some pretty efficient asm
routines..

Could anyone point me out (second time today ;-)) to a location,
direction, or whatsoever how to achieve this ??

Many much thanx in advance..
Alex.
http://alex.cc.ruu.nl
Doing good is good for business. Be unselfish, get rich
Develop the world now, harvest your customers tomorrow

Re:using 320*200 (mode 13h) graphics in delphi 1.0..

Hi there

Check out Microsoft for DISPDIB. For 16 bit development, ut works great.
You will have to convert a small C header.

Regards
James

In article <3349DADE....@telkom.co.za>, James Burroughs <burro...@telkom.co.za> wrote:
>Hi there

>Check out Microsoft for DISPDIB. For 16 bit development, ut works great.
>You will have to convert a small C header.

>Regards
>James

But have you ever seen ANY documentation for it? I've looked for months and
have yet to find anything.

Joel

Other Threads