Turbo Pascal 7.0, Ctrl/Brk and windows 95

Hello,
I am hoping that you might be able to help me with what is probably a
very simple problem. I can get Ctrl/Break to interupt the program
execution if I have Turbo Pascal 7.0 running in dos protected mode but
it will not work if it is running in a dos prompt window as part of
windows 95. Any suggestions?
Also, I can't seem to copy text from notepad etc. and paste it into the
tp 7.0 program that I am writing. I am writing a program to act as a
tutor and it would be helpful to be able to cut from a text document
and  paste it into the program and just add writeln's in front of it.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you are unable to help, do
you have any suggestions as to where I could find the above answers?
Richard Hamilton, Gr 12 student, Ancaster, on. Canada

Re:Turbo Pascal 7.0, Ctrl/Brk and windows 95

Peter Hamilton wrote in message <34B4653F.7...@networx.on.ca>...

[ snip ctrl-break question ]

>Also, I can't seem to copy text from notepad etc. and paste it into the
>tp 7.0 program that I am writing. I am writing a program to act as a
>tutor and it would be helpful to be able to cut from a text document
>and  paste it into the program and just add writeln's in front of it.

Can't help with ctrl-break but copy & paste are relatively easy in Win95 DOS
boxes (for text). You have to be running the DOS box windowed, not
full-screen. One left-click on the MS-DOS icon at the left of the title bar
gets you the system menu. There is an Edit option there which allows you to
mark (for copy) or to paste. There is also an option to turn to toolbar on
which is worthwhile if you will be doing it a lot. When you paste text, the
DOS shell thinks you are typing the text in, so you should have Auto-Indent
turned off in your editor.

Of course, if your source code does not have chars outside the range
#32..#126 (i.e. no accented chars etc.) you can edit it in a Windows editor,
if that makes your copying easier. Just remember to save it as plain DOS
text!

FP

Other Threads