Is ADO.Lookup same as BDE.lookup

I'm using Ado 2.6 in my App with D5. What I would like to know is the
ADO.lookup behave the same way as BDE.lookup w.r.t the fact that it
just looks up the record and doesn't change the record pointer.

        As the Delphi Help file writes for TBDEDataSet.lookup :- '...
Unlike other dataset search methods, Lookup performs its search
without moving the record pointer of the dataset. This is useful when
doing data validation on a records data while the record is still in
edit or insert mode....'

There is no mention of this inthe Help of TCustomADODataSet.Lookup,
and when I tried it out, it seems to be moving the record pointer.
What other method can I use to have the exact functionility as of
TBDEDataSet.lookup...

TIA

HaspBrog

Re:Is ADO.Lookup same as BDE.lookup

>There is no mention of this inthe Help of TCustomADODataSet.Lookup,
>and when I tried it out, it seems to be moving the record pointer.

The code for Lookup uses a Clone cursor to locate the values so it should not
move the cursor
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com