TADOStoredProc parameters not changing

Hello !

Can anyone reproduce the following issue:
We are using stored procedures created in Acces 2000, that are confirmed to
be functional.
(Trivial ones like "SELECT * FROM CUSTOMERS WHERE ID=[WANTEDID]")
They are using a single parameter.

In Delphi setting the parameter to different values is not showing any
desired result.
The Dataset simply isn't changing. The first given parameter is used over
and over again with no respects to any change. No Open/Close, setting Active
to true or false or Requery works for us. The possible workaround to use
TADODataSet instead isn't working as well.

Our investigations show that the problem depends strongly on the computer
being used.
That might be an implementation fault in Delphi ADO !?

Otto

Re:TADOStoredProc parameters not changing

I had the same problem and managed to workaround by
using a TADODataSet with the following properties:

    - CommandText set to the name of the procedure (manually)
    - CommandType set to 'cmdTable'

HTH
--
V. Nazarov
IT Manager, Sofia Cable

"Otto" <o...@SoftwareAcademy.com> wrote in message

> Hello !

> Can anyone reproduce the following issue:
> We are using stored procedures created in Acces 2000, that are confirmed to
> be functional.
> (Trivial ones like "SELECT * FROM CUSTOMERS WHERE ID=[WANTEDID]")
> They are using a single parameter.

> In Delphi setting the parameter to different values is not showing any
> desired result.
> The Dataset simply isn't changing. The first given parameter is used over
> and over again with no respects to any change. No Open/Close, setting Active
> to true or false or Requery works for us. The possible workaround to use
> TADODataSet instead isn't working as well.

> Our investigations show that the problem depends strongly on the computer
> being used.
> That might be an implementation fault in Delphi ADO !?

> Otto

Re:TADOStoredProc parameters not changing

Hi Vassil,

Thank you. It worked

Sincerely

Otto

Vassil Nazarov <s...@bulnet.bg> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 392556fb@dnews...

> I had the same problem and managed to workaround by
> using a TADODataSet with the following properties:

>     - CommandText set to the name of the procedure (manually)
>     - CommandType set to 'cmdTable'

> HTH
> --
> V. Nazarov
> IT Manager, Sofia Cable

> "Otto" <o...@SoftwareAcademy.com> wrote in message
> > Hello !

> > Can anyone reproduce the following issue:
> > We are using stored procedures created in Acces 2000, that are confirmed
> > be functional.
> > (Trivial ones like "SELECT * FROM CUSTOMERS WHERE ID=[WANTEDID]")
> > They are using a single parameter.

> > In Delphi setting the parameter to different values is not showing any
> > desired result.
> > The Dataset simply isn't changing. The first given parameter is used
over
> > and over again with no respects to any change. No Open/Close, setting
Active
> > to true or false or Requery works for us. The possible workaround to use
> > TADODataSet instead isn't working as well.

> > Our investigations show that the problem depends strongly on the
computer
> > being used.
> > That might be an implementation fault in Delphi ADO !?

> > Otto

Other Threads