10259---[$28] [$13]

Could anyone shed any light to me regarding this error:  BDE Error
10259---[$28] [$13]
We are getting this when our database field his exceeding 15 decimal places
which is causing our delphi2 app to get an error "Could not perform edit
because another user changed the record"..any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Re:10259---[$28] [$13]

Lance Sledge wrote in message <83drqd$m...@forums.borland.com>...
>Could anyone shed any light to me regarding this error:  BDE Error
>10259---[$28] [$13]
>We are getting this when our database field his exceeding 15 decimal places
>which is causing our delphi2 app to get an error "Could not perform edit
>because another user changed the record"..any help is appreciated, Thanks!

You need to exclude this field from the comparison performed when the record
is posted.

If using a TQuery, you could set UpdateMode to upWhereKeyOnly, or if using
Cached Updates and a TUpdateSQL component, then you have full control over
the fields compared.

--
Wayne Niddery - WinWright Consulting
RADBooks - http://members.home.net/wniddery/