Oracle 8.0.4 - Reading/Posting Varchar2(>255 chars)

Delphi CS 4 SP3 & BDE 5.01

I use a query to write a varchar2 field that is 1000 chars, and it
works.  When I read it with a select statement, I get an empty result
set.

If the field is 255 chars or less, all is fine.

Suggestions?

thanks

steve dabrosca

PS I haven't tested with lengths between 255 and 1000.

Re:Oracle 8.0.4 - Reading/Posting Varchar2(>255 chars)

Hi,

I think Delphi handles this as a TMemo Field then You need a TDBMemo to
display it.

Steven D'Abrosca wrote in message <36e6a92a.169593...@forums.inprise.com>...
>Delphi CS 4 SP3 & BDE 5.01

>I use a query to write a varchar2 field that is 1000 chars, and it
>works.  When I read it with a select statement, I get an empty result
>set.

>If the field is 255 chars or less, all is fine.

>Suggestions?

>thanks

>steve dabrosca

>PS I haven't tested with lengths between 255 and 1000.

Other Threads