MSSQL SP3 and BLOB problems - Please Help!

Delphi 2.01
BDE: 3.5f
Development Platform: Win NT Server 4.0 SP3
Database: MS SQL 6.5 SP3
Graphics Library: ImageLib by SkyLine Tools

I installed SP3 on my SQL 6.5 server and now Delphi/ImageLib can no
longer read the "image" data type on my existing tables. Every time I
try and activate the table in my datamodule I get "General SQL Error". I
even get the message from my existing clients who where working before I
added SP3 to SQL.

Do I need to do something in the code? Or do I need to backoff SP3?

To test somethings I create an empty table in the MSSQL database:
  Table: test
     column: id of type char(25)
     column image_data of type image

Delphi/ImageLib will work fine with an empty table until I try to insert
a image then I get an error.

Please help!

*** Van ***

Re:MSSQL SP3 and BLOB problems - Please Help!

There is a hotfix available on Borland's WebSite.  Check out the TI and
FAQ.

Van Stokes <vsto...@itoinc.com> wrote in article
<349AA42F.F9625...@itoinc.com>...

> Delphi 2.01
> BDE: 3.5f
> Development Platform: Win NT Server 4.0 SP3
> Database: MS SQL 6.5 SP3
> Graphics Library: ImageLib by SkyLine Tools

> I installed SP3 on my SQL 6.5 server and now Delphi/ImageLib can no
> longer read the "image" data type on my existing tables. Every time I
> try and activate the table in my datamodule I get "General SQL Error". I
> even get the message from my existing clients who where working before I
> added SP3 to SQL.

> Do I need to do something in the code? Or do I need to backoff SP3?

> To test somethings I create an empty table in the MSSQL database:
>   Table: test
>      column: id of type char(25)
>      column image_data of type image

> Delphi/ImageLib will work fine with an empty table until I try to insert
> a image then I get an error.

> Please help!

Other Threads