why not all the Virtual Key codes work ?

On a key down event using as key code the Virtual key codes (ie. VK_A
.. etc) I found that only few of them work. I mean that several are
not intercepted.
Why ?

Thanks for help

Re:why not all the Virtual Key codes work ?

Manlio Laschena wrote:

> On a key down event using as key code the Virtual key codes (ie. VK_A
> .. etc) I found that only few of them work. I mean that several are
> not intercepted.
> Why ?

> Thanks for help

They don't seem to be defined in Delphi.  I also noticed this when I
tried to use VK_F.  Seems foolish not to define them all...

Re:why not all the Virtual Key codes work ?

Some more information would be great. How are you testing for the key? What
keys are you looking for? I have found all keys filter through OnKeyDown.
You aren't using OnKeyPress are you?

--

Mark P
-----------

Manlio Laschena <l...@iol.it> wrote in article
<59lbjq$...@mikasa.iol.it>...

Larry Hengen <henge...@cadvision.com> wrote:
>Manlio Laschena wrote:

>> On a key down event using as key code the Virtual key codes (ie. VK_A
>> .. etc) I found that only few of them work. I mean that several are
>> not intercepted.
>> Why ?

>> Thanks for help
>They don't seem to be defined in Delphi.  I also noticed this when I
>tried to use VK_F.  Seems foolish not to define them all...

You make me thinking !!

Have you tried to use them under Win95 or Win3.1 ?
I am working to a prg with delphi16, but under win95.
May be Delphi make use of a win DLL to decode them, and I remember
that they were in use with win 3.1. May be this is the reason for.

Re:why not all the Virtual Key codes work ?

Borland didn't define VK_A to VK_Z, they are intercepted in keydown.

--
Paul Motyer
pa...@linuxserver.pccity.com.au

Mark Pritchard <pritc...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<01bbf1fa$134aae40$6606848b@pritchma>...

> Some more information would be great. How are you testing for the key?
What
> keys are you looking for? I have found all keys filter through OnKeyDown.
> You aren't using OnKeyPress are you?

> --

> Mark P
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~pritchma

> Manlio Laschena <l...@iol.it> wrote in article
> <59lbjq$...@mikasa.iol.it>...
> > On a key down event using as key code the Virtual key codes (ie. VK_A
> > .. etc) I found that only few of them work. I mean that several are
> > not intercepted.
> > Why ?

> > Thanks for help

Other Threads