Preview->Print Problems with TQRRichtext in Delphi 3.0 QuickReport 2.0

I am attempting to use Delphi 3.0 QuickReport 2.0 TQRRichtext component from
the standard VCL.

I am using this so that I can combine richedit (RTF) text and graphics for
printing.

I am using the  TQRRichtext component which is substantially undocumented in
Delphi 3.0. I have set the component's property called
ParentRichEdit
to another plain RichEdit component name called
Form1.Letter
and the component called AutoStretch to
False

When I preview the Report upon execution the whole thing works fine.

However if I then print it (after setting Printer Defaults from within the
preview form) it prints with every other component on the QuickReport coming
out ok except for the TQRRichtext  which comes out at somewhere around 1pt
in size for the font!

However If I print the report programataically without first calling the
preview screen, a one page letter prints excellantly with out any problems
at all.

Is this an known issue and is there a work around, as I need to sometimes
set a different printer (for e.g.fax driver)and this necessitates using
preview, as the help system says not to call the QuickReport printersetup
except from inside the Preview screen itself.

Can I set the QuickReport printer using a Tprint.printer stringlist? (I
can't work out how to if it is necessary)

Can I use a 'normal' form and place standard components on it for printing,
I experimented and had all sorts of size issues, i.e. could only have a form
800 x 600 pxs, and could not aproxiamate an A4 sheet at all.

Any help appreciated please.

Paul

Re:Preview->Print Problems with TQRRichtext in Delphi 3.0 QuickReport 2.0

[...]

I have tried to use the standard PrintersetupDialog prior to programitiaclly
calling Prin for the Quick Report, but as may be anticipated, QuickReport
ignores the result.

Is this an known issue and is there a work around, as I need to sometimes
set a different printer (for e.g.fax driver)and this necessitates using
preview, as the help system says not to call the QuickReport printersetup
except from inside the Preview screen itself.

Can I set the QuickReport printer using a Tprint.printer stringlist? (I
can't work out how to if it is necessary)

Can I use a 'normal' form and place standard components on it for printing,
I experimented and had all sorts of size issues, i.e. could only have a form
800 x 600 pxs, and could not aproxiamate an A4 sheet at all.

Any help appreciated please.

Paul

Other Threads