Board index » delphi » Why Refresh Doesnt Refresh Newly Added Records ?

Why Refresh Doesnt Refresh Newly Added Records ?

Why Refresh Doesnt Refresh Newly Added Records ? even when transaction is
set to read commited

Kamlesh

 

Re:Why Refresh Doesnt Refresh Newly Added Records ?


doesnt refresh newly added record means i cant even see records added by
other users, i can see changes made by others but cant see newly added
records until i close my query and open again.

it seems refresh only refresh Updates made by others to existing records,
but it doesnt include newly added ones.

Kamlesh

Quote
"Kamlesh" <kamles...@rediffmail.com> wrote in message

news:3cfa531f_1@dnews...
Quote
> Why Refresh Doesnt Refresh Newly Added Records ? even when transaction is
> set to read commited

> Kamlesh

Re:Why Refresh Doesnt Refresh Newly Added Records ?


Simple, the the newly inserted records are not part of the result set determined
at the time you ran your query (opened the dataset) the only way to see newly
inserted records is to query the database after those changes are committed.
All IBX's refresh method does is refresh the current record only it does not
close and reopen your dataset.

Quote
Kamlesh wrote:

> Why Refresh Doesnt Refresh Newly Added Records ? even when transaction is
> set to read commited

> Kamlesh

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
      (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's
side.  I did not laugh; people who boast of ancestry often have little else
to sustain them.  Humoring them costs nothing and adds to happiness in
a world in which happiness is in short supply.   (RAH)

Re:Why Refresh Doesnt Refresh Newly Added Records ?


Try reopen the transaction by doing a transaction.active := false then
transaction.active := true, then reopen your datasets.

BC
Media-Services

Quote
"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" wrote:
> Simple, the the newly inserted records are not part of the result set determined
> at the time you ran your query (opened the dataset) the only way to see newly
> inserted records is to query the database after those changes are committed.
> All IBX's refresh method does is refresh the current record only it does not
> close and reopen your dataset.

> Kamlesh wrote:

> > Why Refresh Doesnt Refresh Newly Added Records ? even when transaction is
> > set to read commited

> > Kamlesh

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's
> side.  I did not laugh; people who boast of ancestry often have little else
> to sustain them.  Humoring them costs nothing and adds to happiness in
> a world in which happiness is in short supply.   (RAH)

Re:Why Refresh Doesnt Refresh Newly Added Records ?


You only need to start a new transaction if you are using snapshot
transaction isolation. If you are using read committed closing and
reopening the query will be enough

On Mon, 03 Jun 2002 15:34:19 -0700, Bill Chen

Quote
<bi...@media-services.com> wrote:
>Try reopen the transaction by doing a transaction.active := false then
>transaction.active := true, then reopen your datasets.

>BC
>Media-Services

>"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" wrote:

>> Simple, the the newly inserted records are not part of the result set determined
>> at the time you ran your query (opened the dataset) the only way to see newly
>> inserted records is to query the database after those changes are committed.
>> All IBX's refresh method does is refresh the current record only it does not
>> close and reopen your dataset.

>> Kamlesh wrote:

>> > Why Refresh Doesnt Refresh Newly Added Records ? even when transaction is
>> > set to read commited

>> > Kamlesh

>> --
>> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
>> This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's
>> side.  I did not laugh; people who boast of ancestry often have little else
>> to sustain them.  Humoring them costs nothing and adds to happiness in
>> a world in which happiness is in short supply.   (RAH)

--
Bill (TeamB)
(TeamB cannot respond to questions received via email)

Other Threads