How does a TDatabase component work?

hi, i didn't creat an alias for my Access database as i want to manually
connect the database using the TDatabase component.

but i forgot how to set the property of TDatabase component. pls help.
let assume my Access database is on c:\folder1\db1.mdb

Property
========
Alias Name = none.. since i will be setting it manually.
Connected = TRUE
DatabaseName = ?? what to put here?
DriverName = "Microsoft Access Driver
Params
        Database Name="c:\folder1\db1.mdb"    // must put quote ??
        // what else to put here? password?

TransIsolation = tiDirtyRead                    // or tiReadCommitted?

i recall a bit that i must set the "DatabaseName" and "Params" property
in order to connect to the database. but now i'm not sure what to put in
these property?

thanks for your help.

Re:How does a TDatabase component work?

In the TDatabase parameters set:

DATABASE NAME=c:\folder1\db1.mdb <No qutoes necessary>
OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE
SYSTEM DATABASE=C:\Windows\System\System.Mdw

Other optional parameters, depending on configuration
USER NAME=
PASSWORD=
LANGDRIVER=

"==- siang chuen -==" <scp...@tm.net.my> wrote in message

> hi, i didn't creat an alias for my Access database as i want to manually
> connect the database using the TDatabase component.

> but i forgot how to set the property of TDatabase component. pls help.
> let assume my Access database is on c:\folder1\db1.mdb

> Property
> ========
> Alias Name = none.. since i will be setting it manually.
> Connected = TRUE
> DatabaseName = ?? what to put here?
> DriverName = "Microsoft Access Driver
> Params
> Database Name="c:\folder1\db1.mdb"   // must put quote ??
> // what else to put here? password?

> TransIsolation = tiDirtyRead // or tiReadCommitted?

> i recall a bit that i must set the "DatabaseName" and "Params" property
> in order to connect to the database. but now i'm not sure what to put in
> these property?

> thanks for your help.

Other Threads