Mouse in PS/2 and USB ports

Hi, All

I need the code to access and control a mouse in the PS/2 port and USB
port in DOS mode. Would anybody help me?

TIA

Luiz Sergio

Re:Mouse in PS/2 and USB ports

Hi, All

Is there anyway to access and control a mouse in PS/2 and/or USR ports
in DOS mode? Any information will be appreciate.

TIA

Luiz Sergio

Re:Mouse in PS/2 and USB ports

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:43:43 -0300, lscpaiva <lscpa...@terra.com.br> wrote:
>Is there anyway to access and control a mouse in PS/2 and/or USR ports
>in DOS mode? Any information will be appreciate.

Clarify your intent. Are you talking about writing a mouse *driver*,
or about simply using a mouse in a DOS program you're writing?

If the latter, it should be no different than if the mouse is on a serial
port. The hardware/software combination (plug & play, manufacturer's
drivers, etc.) should respond to the same commands as will a serial
port or bus mouse (INT 33h).

--
Wayne A. King
(ba...@torfree.net, wayne.k...@ablelink.org,

Re:Mouse in PS/2 and USB ports

Thanks for your reply. After I posted the message I just collected some mouse
rotines in internet that show me that doesn't matter wich port I am currently
using. All routines uses the port 33H you had referenced.

Luiz Sergio

"Wayne A. King" wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:43:43 -0300, lscpaiva <lscpa...@terra.com.br> wrote:

> >Is there anyway to access and control a mouse in PS/2 and/or USR ports
> >in DOS mode? Any information will be appreciate.

> Clarify your intent. Are you talking about writing a mouse *driver*,
> or about simply using a mouse in a DOS program you're writing?

> If the latter, it should be no different than if the mouse is on a serial
> port. The hardware/software combination (plug & play, manufacturer's
> drivers, etc.) should respond to the same commands as will a serial
> port or bus mouse (INT 33h).

> --
> Wayne A. King
> (ba...@torfree.net, wayne.k...@ablelink.org,