Delphi 5 & Delphi 7 Pro on Windows XP

I'm planning to upgrade to Delphi 7 but I need to be able to run my Delphi 5
(including 3rd party components) for at least another 6 months. I'm running
Windows XP Pro on my machine. Any ideas how feasible a dual installation is?
I'm prepared to create a separate user for Delphi 7 if that's a solution.

regards,
Martin

Re:Delphi 5 & Delphi 7 Pro on Windows XP

"Martin Brekhof" <martin_@_brekhof.nl> wrote in message

> I'm planning to upgrade to Delphi 7 but I need to be able to run my
Delphi 5
> (including 3rd party components) for at least another 6 months. I'm
running
> Windows XP Pro on my machine. Any ideas how feasible a dual installation
is?
> I'm prepared to create a separate user for Delphi 7 if that's a

solution.

Martin, having both installed is fine, providing you install Delphi 5
first.  I believe problems may come if you uninstall Delphi 5 while still
needed Delphi 7, so it might be there for good!

Cheers,
David

Other Threads