BDE and Oracle 7.3 Workgroup Server

Heinz Waldherr wrote:
> I can't connect to the Oracle Server via the BDE anymore.
> I already have de- and reinstalled the Oracle Client products and
> Delphi including the BDE. Well, it didn't help.

Check the following sets in the Oracle page of the BDE config:

DLL       : SQLD_ORA.DLL
DLL32     : SQLORA32.DLL
VendorInit: ORA73.DLL

Hope this helps

odair from brazil.

> Thanks anyway.

> Heinz

Re:BDE and Oracle 7.3 Workgroup Server

After having some problems with Internet and network after an installation
of a very very stupid program, I can't connect to the Oracle Server via the
BDE anymore.

Although there haven't been any changes to the BDE, the Oracle SQL-Net or
the Server, I now get an
ORA-03121       no interface driver connected - function not performed
error.

I can, however,  connect to the server using Oracle tools like Schema
Manager etc.

I already have de- and reinstalled the Oracle Client products and Delphi
including the BDE. Well, it didn't help.

Has anyone got a clue?

Thanks anyway.

Heinz

Re:BDE and Oracle 7.3 Workgroup Server

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 03:17:16 -0700, "Heinz Waldherr"

<HWaldh...@mediavest.de> wrote:
>I already have de- and reinstalled the Oracle Client products and Delphi
>including the BDE. Well, it didn't help.

>Has anyone got a clue?

>Thanks anyway.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure the the TDatabase params
Net protocol, and Server Name are set.

This can be done in the BDE Admin for the alias your using, or if you
drop a TDatabase component in it's component editor.

Iman L. Crawford
g...@arn.net

'Cthulu for president in '98'
'Why choose the lesser evil?'

Re:BDE and Oracle 7.3 Workgroup Server

This error means that you are getting past the vendor initialization
i.e. ORA73.DLL (or whatever) is in the path. Good. The next step is
to define an alias for the WGS server in the SQL*Net config and use
that alias as the database name in the alias. Remember that the
settings in the alias page override the settings in the driver page
in BDE and not vice versa. Then play with the protocol it wants to use
and try both TCP and TNS. One of these will work.

Gool Luck!

Regards,
Nasir (nn...@cris.com)

Other Threads