HELP! UpdateSQL can not work with memo field

Hi! Everybody:

There is a problem that bugging me these day:
===> UpdateSQL can not work with memo field.

I use Delphi 2.01 with old SQLLink(3.0) to access MS SQLServer 6.5.
The type of the memo field in the server is 'text', and the type
of the memo field in Delphi 2.01 is 'ftMemo'.  It came out with the
message "Field 'memo' is of an unsupported type".

Could somebody can answer me the question?

Thanks in advance!

Chao-yee Hsu

Re:HELP! UpdateSQL can not work with memo field

On Thu, 19 Dec 1996 10:33:14 +0800, Chao-Yee Hsu

<chao...@tpts1.seed.net.tw> wrote:
>Hi! Everybody:

>There is a problem that bugging me these day:
>===> UpdateSQL can not work with memo field.

>I use Delphi 2.01 with old SQLLink(3.0) to access MS SQLServer 6.5.
>The type of the memo field in the server is 'text', and the type
>of the memo field in Delphi 2.01 is 'ftMemo'.  It came out with the
>message "Field 'memo' is of an unsupported type".

>Could somebody can answer me the question?

>Thanks in advance!

>Chao-yee Hsu

If you get any joy with could follow it up in the newsgroup or e-mail
me any responces that you get.

TIA
Jon
Jon March
email:j...@paget.demon.co.uk   http://www.paget.demon.co.uk
A problem shared, is a problem that two people have got

Re:HELP! UpdateSQL can not work with memo field

Chao-Yee Hsu <chao...@tpts1.seed.net.tw> wrote:
>I use Delphi 2.01 with old SQLLink(3.0) to access MS SQLServer 6.5.
>The type of the memo field in the server is 'text', and the type
>of the memo field in Delphi 2.01 is 'ftMemo'.  It came out with the
>message "Field 'memo' is of an unsupported type".

First off, get BDE 3.5.  MUST HAVE FOR SQL SERVER 6.5.
Corrects a number of problems, including memo related.
When you have this, make sure you set the drivers flag to 1.
There is text about it in the readme on the cd.

Nick Hustak
TTI Consulting
www.mindspring.com/~tti
770-427-2118

President, Atlanta Delphi Developers Group
www.mindspring.com/~addg

Other Threads