problems caused by DPR source file opened

I'm having problems with the D4 IDE that are caused by opening
the DPR source file.  If I close the DPR file, it closes all
files and the project.  If I reopen the project, it loads the
DPR file and all of the files that were open when the DPR file
was open.  If I close all PAS files first and then close the DPR
file, when I reopen the project it still opens the DPR source
file and all of the other files.

In short, I can't close the DPR source file and reopen the
project w/o it loading the DPR file and all of the other files.
How can I close the DPR file only?

Jud McCranie

Re:problems caused by DPR source file opened

Well,{*word*106} weed you could RTFM.

Larry <lshe...@sheltonbbs.com> wrote:
>Well,{*word*106} weed you could RTFM.

I have the documentation and I've looked there and I don't see
anything about this problem.  You tell me which page it is on!

Jud McCranie

Re:problems caused by DPR source file opened

   I do not have D4, but is seams to be the same as D3, from what you
described.

   If you use 'File/Close' and the .dpr file is selected in the editor, it
will close the project (and all the units).  To close a single unit or
project file, select that tab in the editor and right mouse click.  Then
'close page'.
   If you use 'File/Close all', it will close the project no matter which
unit is selected in the editor.

   If you use 'File/Open' or 'File/Reopen' to open a .dpr file, it will
close the current project and open the selected project.

   If the Desktop checkbox on the Preferences tab of 'Tools/Environment
Options' is checked, then when a project is closed it will save a list of
all opened units in a .dsk file.  When a project is opened, it will reopen
the units that were open when the project was last closed.
   If this checkbox is not checked, it will not change this .dsk file when
the project is closed, but it will still use the .dsk file when the project
is reopened.

   In short, opening or closing the .dpr file, opens or closes the whole
project NOT just the .dpr file.
If you want to view the .dpr file in the editor, choose 'View/Project
Source'.  To close it, select that tab, right mouse click and choose 'close
page'.

--
                                                                     Cleon,

http://www.ionet.net/~baileyct

Luck is a lifetime of practice, followed by a moment of opportunity.
People decide what they believe, then look for reasons to believe it.

Larry wrote:

> Well,{*word*106} weed you could RTFM.

Okay okay ... let's not get irate. I laughed too :-)

MH.

--
Martin Harvey.
mar...@aziraphale.demon.co.uk