TServerSocket and TClientSocket missing in D3Prof?

Hi,

Can anyone who has the Client/Server version of Delphi 3 please tell me if it has
the TServerSocket and TClientSocket components that are mentioned in the
on-line help, but don't appear to come with the Professional edition.

If you have them, are they any good?

Were the components accidently left out of the Professional Edition.  If not,
why do they appear in the on-line help without any indication that you can't
use them?

I don't particularly want to use the Netmanage OCX's that come with Delphi 3
Professional.

Thanks,
Brett     (feeling a bit ripped off...)
<mcken...@magna.com.au>

Re:TServerSocket and TClientSocket missing in D3Prof?

I have found the answer to my own question from "borland.public.delphi.internet".

Aparently the TServerSocket and TClientSocket components originally only
shipped with the Client/Server edition, but now they ship with the v3.01
Professional edition update.

Thanks...

Brett McKenzie <mcken...@magna.com.au> wrote in article <01bccc11$4cc7e3d0$0101a8c0@fleagle>...

> Hi,

> Can anyone who has the Client/Server version of Delphi 3 please tell me if it has
> the TServerSocket and TClientSocket components that are mentioned in the
> on-line help, but don't appear to come with the Professional edition.

> If you have them, are they any good?

> Were the components accidently left out of the Professional Edition.  If not,
> why do they appear in the on-line help without any indication that you can't
> use them?

> I don't particularly want to use the Netmanage OCX's that come with Delphi 3
> Professional.

> Thanks,
> Brett     (feeling a bit ripped off...)
> <mcken...@magna.com.au>