WHY COMPUTERS CRASH

In article <3D839971.5030...@NotHere.com>, dg says...

> Many have asked why a computer crashes. It is usually very
> technical but maybe this will help. Dr. Seuss explains

> "Why Computers Sometimes Crash" (Read this to yourself, aloud)

Very nice... for off-topic.

Followup set.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)

"Life would be so much easier if we could just see the source code."
 -- unknown

Re:WHY COMPUTERS CRASH

Many have asked why a computer crashes. It is usually very
technical but maybe this will help. Dr. Seuss explains

"Why Computers Sometimes Crash" (Read this to yourself, aloud)

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, and the bus
is interrupted at a very last resort, and the access of the
memory makes your floppy disk abort, then the socket packet
pocket has an error to report.

If your cursor finds a menu item followed by a dash, and the
double-clicking icon puts your window in the trash, and your data
is corrupted cause the index doesn't hash, then your situation's
hopeless and your system's gonna crash!

If the label on the cable on the table at your house, says
the network is connected to the button on your mouse, but your
packets want to tunnel to another protocol, that's repeatedly
rejected by the printer down the hall, and your screen is all
distorted by the side effects of gauss, so your icons in the
window are as wavy as a souse; then you may as well reboot
and go out with a bang, 'cuz sure as I'm a poet, the sucker's
gonna hang!

When the copy of your floppy's getting sloppy in the disk,
and the macro code instructions cause unnecessary risk, then you'll
have to flash the memory and you'll want to RAM your ROM, then
quickly turn the computer off and be sure to tell your Mom!

Re:WHY COMPUTERS CRASH

    Because they're driven by {*word*249}s.

--
Hilton Evans
ChemPen Chemical Structure Software

Re:WHY COMPUTERS CRASH

> Many have asked why a computer crashes. It is usually very
> technical but maybe this will help. Dr. Seuss explains

Just as he did in Lloyd's Delphi Help file over 5 years ago.

Redirected to off-topic.

--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, http://bdn.borland.com
$1280/$50K: Thanks to my donors!

Re:WHY COMPUTERS CRASH

John what ever happened to Lloyd?

Re:WHY COMPUTERS CRASH

Steve wrote:
> John what ever happened to Lloyd?

He left right before I came to Borland, but Anders tells me he followed the
scent of money for some start-up that ended up not panning out. Anders would
probably know more. He's seen Lloyd recently.

--
John Kaster, Borland Developer Relations, http://bdn.borland.com
$1280/$50K: Thanks to my donors!
http://homepages.borland.com/jkaster/tnt/thanks.html