Board index » delphi » problems with ADO Update #2, 2nd Post

problems with ADO Update #2, 2nd Post

Hi,

First post of this message didn't get any reply so I've decided to
make it more attractive :))

First, this problem started after ADO Update #2.
Secondly, I can regenerate the problem in SQLServer and DBDemos (I
hope you can also). Here are steps:
1) Start a new project
2) Put a TADODataSet , use DBDEMOS.udl and use "select * from items"
as CommandText
3) Add all fields
4) In the FormCreate event write something that accesses value of one
of the persistent field, like:
        if ADODataSet1OrderNo.Value = 0 then ;
5) Run the app.

At this point I'm getting an AV. This only hapens once, if you access
this field second time no problem. Moreover if you access the field
while dataset is active no problem again.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Here configuration:
        Delphi 5 Enterprise (Update Pack 1, Build 6.18),
        Windows2000 Professional (SP1)
        MDAC 2.5 SP1 (2.51.5303.5), reported by ComCheck
        MS SQLServer 7 Standart (SP2)

Thanks for advance.

Sinan Guven
Senior Computer Engineer
si...@technologist.com
Multima Information Systems

 

Re:problems with ADO Update #2, 2nd Post


Quote
> 4) In the FormCreate event write something that accesses value of one
> of the persistent field, like:
> if ADODataSet1OrderNo.Value = 0 then ;

Do you get this same error if you move this code to the FormOnShow event??

Re:problems with ADO Update #2, 2nd Post


Yes, don't you?

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:53:29 -0600, "Kelley Bonawitz"

Quote
<k...@centurytel.net> wrote:
>> 4) In the FormCreate event write something that accesses value of one
>> of the persistent field, like:
>> if ADODataSet1OrderNo.Value = 0 then ;

>Do you get this same error if you move this code to the FormOnShow event??

Sinan Guven
Senior Computer Engineer
si...@technologist.com
Multima Information Systems

Re:problems with ADO Update #2, 2nd Post


    You will not get an AV as long as you open the table before you access
the value of the persistent field. On create, On Show does not matter.
--
Sunil Furtado
New Mangalore Port Trust

Quote
Sinan Guven <si...@technologist.com> wrote in message

news:3a6dc586.47531737@forums.borland.com...
Quote
> Hi,

> First post of this message didn't get any reply so I've decided to
> make it more attractive :))

> First, this problem started after ADO Update #2.
> Secondly, I can regenerate the problem in SQLServer and DBDemos (I
> hope you can also). Here are steps:
> 1) Start a new project
> 2) Put a TADODataSet , use DBDEMOS.udl and use "select * from items"
> as CommandText
> 3) Add all fields
> 4) In the FormCreate event write something that accesses value of one
> of the persistent field, like:
> if ADODataSet1OrderNo.Value = 0 then ;
> 5) Run the app.

> At this point I'm getting an AV. This only hapens once, if you access
> this field second time no problem. Moreover if you access the field
> while dataset is active no problem again.

> Am I the only one with this problem?

> Here configuration:
> Delphi 5 Enterprise (Update Pack 1, Build 6.18),
> Windows2000 Professional (SP1)
> MDAC 2.5 SP1 (2.51.5303.5), reported by ComCheck
> MS SQLServer 7 Standart (SP2)

> Thanks for advance.

> Sinan Guven
> Senior Computer Engineer
> si...@technologist.com
> Multima Information Systems

Re:problems with ADO Update #2, 2nd Post


Yes but it is not a solution actually. This is not only a FormCreate /
FormShow problem. Normally you write the procedures (mostlt for user
interface update) and call these procs when the form created. Now, I
don't want to rewrite all previosly written / tested code to adjust
new ** buggy ** behaviour. If this is a bug, it should be fixed.

Thanks anyway,
Sinan.

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:34:22 +0530, "Sunil Furtado" <su...@furtado.de>
wrote:

Quote
>    You will not get an AV as long as you open the table before you access
>the value of the persistent field. On create, On Show does not matter.
>--
>Sunil Furtado
>New Mangalore Port Trust

>Sinan Guven <si...@technologist.com> wrote in message
>news:3a6dc586.47531737@forums.borland.com...
>> Hi,

>> First post of this message didn't get any reply so I've decided to
>> make it more attractive :))

>> First, this problem started after ADO Update #2.
>> Secondly, I can regenerate the problem in SQLServer and DBDemos (I
>> hope you can also). Here are steps:
>> 1) Start a new project
>> 2) Put a TADODataSet , use DBDEMOS.udl and use "select * from items"
>> as CommandText
>> 3) Add all fields
>> 4) In the FormCreate event write something that accesses value of one
>> of the persistent field, like:
>> if ADODataSet1OrderNo.Value = 0 then ;
>> 5) Run the app.

>> At this point I'm getting an AV. This only hapens once, if you access
>> this field second time no problem. Moreover if you access the field
>> while dataset is active no problem again.

>> Am I the only one with this problem?

>> Here configuration:
>> Delphi 5 Enterprise (Update Pack 1, Build 6.18),
>> Windows2000 Professional (SP1)
>> MDAC 2.5 SP1 (2.51.5303.5), reported by ComCheck
>> MS SQLServer 7 Standart (SP2)

>> Thanks for advance.

>> Sinan Guven
>> Senior Computer Engineer
>> si...@technologist.com
>> Multima Information Systems

Sinan Guven
Senior Computer Engineer
si...@technologist.com
Multima Information Systems

Other Threads