Auto Inc Fields for SQL-Server 7

hi,

i need auto inc fields for the SQL-Server 7. Maybe in combination with
triggers.
Can anyone help me?

tschau
   michael

Re:Auto Inc Fields for SQL-Server 7

Lookup, identity columns in books on line.

-Euan

Michael Naegler <Michael.Naeg...@home.ivm.de> wrote in message

> hi,

> i need auto inc fields for the SQL-Server 7. Maybe in combination with
> triggers.
> Can anyone help me?

> tschau
>    michael

Re:Auto Inc Fields for SQL-Server 7

fist thx!!!!!

My problem is not really solutioned. :( i hav a primery key wich is build
with 2 fields. The second (the identety column)  have to count up, but wenn
the next month start it have to set to 0. Any idea?

maybe i can set it to 0 when i want it?

Euan Garden <euan.gar...@spicedham.usa.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
7pepqa$27...@forums.borland.com...

> Lookup, identity columns in books on line.

> -Euan
> Michael Naegler <Michael.Naeg...@home.ivm.de> wrote in message
> > hi,

> > i need auto inc fields for the SQL-Server 7. Maybe in combination with
> > triggers.
> > Can anyone help me?

> > tschau
> >    michael

Re:Auto Inc Fields for SQL-Server 7

If that is what you want then an identity column will not work.
You manually implement the unique value as a table which is
accessed by a stored proc or some similar technique
so that you, lock the value, increment, read, write new value back,
unlock.

>{*word*128}thx!!!!!

> My problem is not really solutioned. :( i hav a primery key wich is build
> with 2 fields. The second (the identety column)  have to count up, but
wenn
> the next month start it have to set to 0. Any idea?

> maybe i can set it to 0 when i want it?

> Euan Garden <euan.gar...@spicedham.usa.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
> 7pepqa$27...@forums.borland.com...
> > Lookup, identity columns in books on line.

> > -Euan
> > Michael Naegler <Michael.Naeg...@home.ivm.de> wrote in message
> > > hi,

> > > i need auto inc fields for the SQL-Server 7. Maybe in combination with
> > > triggers.
> > > Can anyone help me?

> > > tschau
> > >    michael