Calling a COM-Server from a ISAPI-WebModule

I work with an IIS-Webserver, who uses an  ISAPI-application, written in
Delphi. This works.
From this ISAPI-DLL I call a COM-Server. This doesn't work!
First I got the message "CoInitialize not called". I implemented this call.
Now I get the error "Initializing of DLL C:\WINNT\System32\user32.dll
failed"

Some ideas?

Thanks
Bernd

Re:Calling a COM-Server from a ISAPI-WebModule

When making COM calls from ISAPI, follow this pattern:

proc CallCOM;
var
  Foo: IFoo;
begin
  CoInitialize (nil);
  Foo := CoFoo.Create;
  Foo.CallMethod;
  Foo := nil;
  CoUninitialize;

have fun
Binh Ly
www.techvanguards.com

"Bernd Scharbert" <Bernhard_Scharb...@roehm.com> wrote in message

> I work with an IIS-Webserver, who uses an  ISAPI-application, written in
> Delphi. This works.
> From this ISAPI-DLL I call a COM-Server. This doesn't work!
> First I got the message "CoInitialize not called". I implemented this
call.
> Now I get the error "Initializing of DLL C:\WINNT\System32\user32.dll
> failed"

> Some ideas?

> Thanks
> Bernd

Re:Calling a COM-Server from a ISAPI-WebModule

Thats exactly the way the program works. Yesterday I learned that the
user32.dll-failed message is a known problem with NT. Now I'm looking for a
workaround...

Thanks
bernd

"Binh Ly" <b...@castle.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3afa00b2$1_2@dnews...

> When making COM calls from ISAPI, follow this pattern:

> proc CallCOM;
> var
>   Foo: IFoo;
> begin
>   CoInitialize (nil);
>   Foo := CoFoo.Create;
>   Foo.CallMethod;
>   Foo := nil;
>   CoUninitialize;
> end;

> --
> have fun
> Binh Ly
> www.techvanguards.com

> "Bernd Scharbert" <Bernhard_Scharb...@roehm.com> wrote in message
> > I work with an IIS-Webserver, who uses an  ISAPI-application, written in
> > Delphi. This works.
> > From this ISAPI-DLL I call a COM-Server. This doesn't work!
> > First I got the message "CoInitialize not called". I implemented this
> call.
> > Now I get the error "Initializing of DLL C:\WINNT\System32\user32.dll
> > failed"

> > Some ideas?

> > Thanks
> > Bernd