UDF, Is it really possible to write UDF's DLL's with delphi (and make 'em work too?)

Yes, it is possible.

Are you declaring the UDF in your database?

Download, as an example, the FreeUDFLib, I think it was created with Delphi,
you can find it here: http://www.mers.com/download.html

--
Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

InterBase Workbench - The Developer Tool for InterBase
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

"Serial # 19781010" <a...@dd.bb> schreef in bericht news:3bc43b13_2@dnews...

> Whatever I tried ,I always get the message 'Function is undefined ,could
not
> locate ModuleName or
> entryPoint', With WISQL ,all I get is SQL error -104 (where do I get more
> detailed error message ?)
> , does anyone know if and how it's possible to write a working UDF with
> delphi ?

Re:UDF, Is it really possible to write UDF's DLL's with delphi (and make 'em work too?)

"Serial # 19781010" <a...@dd.bb> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> , does anyone know if and how it's possible to write a working UDF
with
> delphi ?

Dear Mister or {*word*188} or... Al Serial,

"Martijn Tonies" <m.ton...@upscene.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Yes, it is possible.
> Download, as an example, the FreeUDFLib, I think it was created with
Delphi,
> you can find it here: http://www.mers.com/download.html

Yes it is possible and it seems to be easy.
 I've had the same question yesterday and I've downloaded FreeUDFLib
and read this http://www.ibphoenix.com/ibp_howto5.html
and now I've already my own DLL for special issues of my projects.
To write String-functions I'm using a copy of udf_glob.pas
(MakeResultString)

Dietmar

Serial # 19781010 wrote:
> Whatever I tried ,I always get the message 'Function is undefined ,could
> not locate ModuleName or
> entryPoint', With WISQL ,all I get is SQL error -104 (where do I get more
> detailed error message ?)
> , does anyone know if and how it's possible to write a working UDF with
> delphi ?

Yes it is possible and I have done it. I will look around and see if I can
find my UDF code.

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd