Error creating cursor handle using StoredProc

Hi there,

For testing purposes I have made an Access DB with some queries in them. I
would like to use them as stored procedures. (Later I will switch to MS SQL)
The two precedures I'm struggeling with now are an update and insert query.
When I add the StoredProc component and select the procedure, I get on
activating the message:

Error creating cursor handle.

What does this mean, and how can I avoid it?

when I perform the queries from within Access I don't ge these errors. The
queries work fine. Is this an Access problem or Delphi problem?

Darius Blaszijk

Re:Error creating cursor handle using StoredProc

> For testing purposes I have made an Access DB with some queries in them. I
> would like to use them as stored procedures. (Later I will switch to MS SQL)
> The two precedures I'm struggeling with now are an update and insert query.
> When I add the StoredProc component and select the procedure, I get on
> activating the message:

> Error creating cursor handle.

> What does this mean, and how can I avoid it?

> when I perform the queries from within Access I don't ge these errors. The
> queries work fine. Is this an Access problem or Delphi problem?

If the stored procedures do insert or updates, you can not use .Active or .Open.
You must use ExecProc.

Stephan Marais

Re:Error creating cursor handle using StoredProc

If it is not a Select Query in your procedure, there is no cursor possible.
If ther are a few return-parameters, you must use parameters from the Stored
Procedure component, to get the result of your query.

Jan

"Darius Blaszijk" <DBlasz...@ZonNet.nl> schreef in bericht

> Hi there,

> For testing purposes I have made an Access DB with some queries in them. I
> would like to use them as stored procedures. (Later I will switch to MS
SQL)
> The two precedures I'm struggeling with now are an update and insert
query.
> When I add the StoredProc component and select the procedure, I get on
> activating the message:

> Error creating cursor handle.

> What does this mean, and how can I avoid it?

> when I perform the queries from within Access I don't ge these errors. The
> queries work fine. Is this an Access problem or Delphi problem?

> Darius Blaszijk

Other Threads