BDE native Access driver and Office 2000.

I have a widely distributed Delphi 3 app using an Access97 MDB, and the
native BDE ACCESS driver (IDDA3532.DLL) to run the jet (not ODBC). No,
that wasn't my design choice, but rather my client's as they wanted
users to be able to ad hoc queries and reports in Access97. It has
worked great for almost a year and a half now, including multi-user
sites.

Does anyone know if their will be any problems when users upgrade to
Office2000/Access2000?

Thanks

Re:BDE native Access driver and Office 2000.

Yes, DAO3.5 does not work correctly with A2K.  This is the way MS wants it I
assume.  Your choices for A2K is ADO or ODBC.  With the BDE this should only be
a matter of adding an ODBC datasource to the machine and pointing your BDE Alias
to it.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
faceless watchers that stalk the carpetted  corridors of Whitehall.

Re:BDE native Access driver and Office 2000.

DAO 3.5 will not work with Access 2000. It appears that Microsoft wants to
force eveyone to use ADO. Since Borland has announced ADO support in Delphi
5 I would suggest you wait until D5 ships and look at the ADO support. I
suspect the smart move is to convert the app to use ADO since that is
Microsofts strategy for all data access in the future.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote in message <378E3A46.7091F...@onramp.net>...
>assume.  Your choices for A2K is ADO or ODBC.  With the BDE this should
only be
>a matter of adding an ODBC datasource to the machine and pointing your BDE
Alias
>to it.

This is supposing he isn't using SQL queries. Some queries that work with
the native driver don't work under the ODBC driver and vice-versa.

Alex

Athena's Place : a whole new site devoted to Delphi Developers:
http://www.bhnet.com.br/~simonet
Alex Simonetti Abreu
Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil

Other Threads