16 bit and 32 bit application

Does any one experience a problem in sharing Paradox tables on the network
between 16 bit and 32 bit application?
Following are the environment and code used to initalize  BDE

Both 16 bit and 32 bit applications are pointing to a Pdoxusrs.net on a
common directory.
Session.NetFileDir := GetCurrentDir;

None of the application are trying to open the table in exclusive mode .

I was getting  "Multiple net file in Use, Network initialization failed"

Appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks,

Sam.

Re:16 bit and 32 bit application

Sam Shanmugam <S...@tmsimage.com> wrote in article
<01bde0d4$6482bc60$9100000a@sams>...

> Does any one experience a problem in sharing Paradox tables on the
network
> between 16 bit and 32 bit application?
> Following are the environment and code used to initalize  BDE

> Both 16 bit and 32 bit applications are pointing to a Pdoxusrs.net on a
> common directory.
> Session.NetFileDir := GetCurrentDir;

GetCurrentDir returns the current directory. Which probably isn't the same
for every computer.
This might be more accurate
        ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)
but you could still have problems.
You must make the directory a constant.

                -- Kirk

Re:16 bit and 32 bit application

Uh... it is very simple, but are you sure that you have short (8 char) file
and directory names so the old 16 bit stuff can handle it?

--
Wayne Herbert
Manager, Computer Products

Vox:  713.522.7949
Fax:  713.521.3202
Email:  wherb...@keymaps.com

Vyizder mororsiz assesden derizorsiz?

Re:16 bit and 32 bit application

I should mention here, that I can run two 16 bit application or two 32  bit
application sharing the net file with out any problem.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam Shanmugam <S...@tmsimage.com> wrote in article
<01bde0d4$6482bc60$9100000a@sams>...

> Does any one experience a problem in sharing Paradox tables on the
network
> between 16 bit and 32 bit application?
> Following are the environment and code used to initalize  BDE

> Both 16 bit and 32 bit applications are pointing to a Pdoxusrs.net on a
> common directory.
> Session.NetFileDir := GetCurrentDir;

> None of the application are trying to open the table in exclusive mode .

> I was getting  "Multiple net file in Use, Network initialization failed"

> Appreciate any help on this matter.

> Thanks,

> Sam.

Other Threads