How to save data in memo box to memo field of Dbase3+

does anyone know how to save the sentences in memo box to the memo
field(memo type) of Dbase3+?
or
how to extract sentences from memo fields of Dbase3+ to memo box(Tmemo)?

help me!!

Re:How to save data in memo box to memo field of Dbase3+

On 9 Mar 1998 15:12:48 GMT, "lee byeong don" <le...@chollian.net> wrote:

>does anyone know how to save the sentences in memo box to the memo
>field(memo type) of Dbase3+?
>or
>how to extract sentences from memo fields of Dbase3+ to memo box(Tmemo)?

Try using the Assign method, both the TMemoField component and TStrings
object (TMemo.Lines) have this method.

To go from TMemo to memo field:

  TMemoField(Table1.FieldByName('YOURMEMO')).Assign(Memo1.Lines);

To go from memo field to TMemo:

  Memo1.Lines.Assign(TMemoField(Table1.FieldByName('YOURMEMO')));

Steve Koterski
Borland International, Inc.
http://www.borland.com/delphi
(Remove the "SPICEDHAM2" from the address. Death to spam-bots!)

Re:How to save data in memo box to memo field of Dbase3+

The easy way is to use a DBMemo component.  It will handle the assignment
for you automatically.  Otherwise

Table1.FieldByName('AMemo').Assign(Mem1.Lines);

should work.

--
Bill

Re:How to save data in memo box to memo field of Dbase3+

Thanks for your helpness!

Other Threads