To Reportbuilder or not 2 ReportBuilder...thats da question

We are trying establish whether report builder is the solution for our
organization.  We have found it to have erratic problems.  I would request
any developer that has used this product for complex printing to respond
with their comments....

Specifically sub-reports and sub reps with different queries within the same
report.

Trusting all in order

Re:To Reportbuilder or not 2 ReportBuilder...thats da question

I work with Report Builder since 2000 and I never had problem with it. It's
very common in my applications develop reports on it using diferent queries
in different subreports. It only dependes on your needs. The only problem I
am having now is how to print on my report a label in vertical orientation.

"J-LK" <j...@mweb.co.za> escreveu na mensagem news:3b430daf_2@dnews...

> We are trying establish whether report builder is the solution for our
> organization.  We have found it to have erratic problems.  I would request
> any developer that has used this product for complex printing to respond
> with their comments....

> Specifically sub-reports and sub reps with different queries within the
same
> report.

> Trusting all in order

Re:To Reportbuilder or not 2 ReportBuilder...thats da question

What you're describing is a standard case for RB and it should have no
trouble with it. Make sure you contact supp...@digital-metaphors.com if your
problems persist, but first have a go at the tutorials in the Developer's
Guide and look at the many demo reports provided with the product.

Robert Leahey
TRX Technology Services

Re:To Reportbuilder or not 2 ReportBuilder...thats da question

> The only problem I
> am having now is how to print on my report a label in vertical

orientation.

I believe that the Rotated Label component (which can be found on the DM web
site) has been updated - have you tried it? If you're looking to rotate a
DBText component, you could apply the same logic to a new rotated DB text
control.

Robert Leahey
TRX Technology Services

Re:To Reportbuilder or not 2 ReportBuilder...thats da question

We have been using it for 3/4 years and never had a problem brilliant
product and can do far more complicated reports than quickreports, specially
with RAP. with end user support built straight in for you.  There are a few
minor problems but over time you find work arounds, but with the new release
of 5.5 I'm hoping these have been sorted out.  So if any of you people are
using 5.0 out there it is a free upgrade to 5.56 just send them an email and
they will tell you how to get the upgrade.

Superb Product, I would give it 5 out of 5.

Inferno

"J-LK" <j...@mweb.co.za> wrote in message news:3b430daf_2@dnews...
> We are trying establish whether report builder is the solution for our
> organization.  We have found it to have erratic problems.  I would request
> any developer that has used this product for complex printing to respond
> with their comments....

> Specifically sub-reports and sub reps with different queries within the
same
> report.

> Trusting all in order

Other Threads