Installing products from the D6 Companion Tools CD

I have just purchased D6 Professional and find that none of the Companion
Tools CD products seem to work with D6.

In particular, when attempting to install LMD Tools and abfComponents, the
compiler keeps looking for pascal source files(which are obviously not
present) when the compiled units appear to be in the Library path.

I also have D5 and CBuilder5 on the same Windows 2000 Pro system, but all
are installed in different directories.

Re:Installing products from the D6 Companion Tools CD

"Gerry O'Connell" <goc...@iol.ie> wrote:
>I have just purchased D6 Professional and find that none of the Companion
>Tools CD products seem to work with D6.

>In particular, when attempting to install LMD Tools and abfComponents, the
>compiler keeps looking for pascal source files(which are obviously not
>present) when the compiled units appear to be in the Library path.

>I also have D5 and CBuilder5 on the same Windows 2000 Pro system, but all
>are installed in different directories.

I agree, I have exactly the same problem!
I've struggled for the last 48 hours (downtime)trying
to solve this.
I'm on W2k with SP2 with D5 pro installed. I've tried
everything mentioned in the previous postings (changing
environment settings, updating library paths etc. etc, still
no joy.
Most annoying thing is that I gave up, reinstalled win2k and
then delphi6 again. Thought this must solve any conflicts -but it didn't ! This is NOT a conflict problem - I use abc lite &
LMD tools -they simply don't work out of the box with Delphi6.

This is either due to a late change made to delphi6 prior to
release (since they did work apparently) or, in my case, a
WinNT4/5? problem with Delphi6. I think from the number of
postings on this issue Borland need to sit up & take notice
- GIVE US a workround asap GUYS !!!!!

adoringly,
Your paying public.

Re:Installing products from the D6 Companion Tools CD

There's a patch appeared on the LMD Tools website to correct all known
problems with LMD Tools SE that shipped with D6,
http://www.lmdsupport.com/downloads/

hth
Jon

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 18:29:54 +0100, "Gerry O'Connell" <goc...@iol.ie>
wrote:

>In particular, when attempting to install LMD Tools and abfComponents, the

Jon Jenkinson : j...@richplum.co.uk
Tech Leader, Scotland and Northern England
UK Borland User Group
www.ukbug.co.uk

j...@richplum.not.co.uk (Jon Jenkinson) wrote:
>There's a patch appeared on the LMD Tools website to correct all known
>problems with LMD Tools SE that shipped with D6,
>http://www.lmdsupport.com/downloads/

>hth
>Jon

>On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 18:29:54 +0100, "Gerry O'Connell" <goc...@iol.ie>
>wrote:
>>In particular, when attempting to install LMD Tools and abfComponents, the

>Jon Jenkinson : j...@richplum.co.uk
>Tech Leader, Scotland and Northern England
>UK Borland User Group
>www.ukbug.co.uk
>Jon, well done mate -cheers !
>AndyMG.

Re:Installing products from the D6 Companion Tools CD

TMS has the same problem, and promises to have a new version of their
'companion' piece by next week. Rush to market?

Richard Minutillo
r...@fabandpp.org

"Richard G. Minutillo" wrote:

> TMS has the same problem, and promises to have a new version of their
> 'companion' piece by next week. Rush to market?

The Companion CD always is a last minute submit against the latest available
beta (usually the RTM version).  Borland compiles the source and tests the
installs and that is all the testing that has to pass to get on the CD, it is up
to the vendor to make certain their code is working.  Borland doesn't have the
time to actually test the third party vendors code.  Usually this is not an
issue since the beta is frozen long enough for the vendors to do the thorough
testing themselves.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   I don't think there are any Russians
(Please do not email    And there ain't no Yanks

Other Threads