re Explicit Transaction Control and Table Navigation

I have an Access database which I am updating from a proprietary text
based collection of records using ODBC.

I am using Explicit Transaction control to append records to the file
and this works fine. However, when editing existing records I get a
'Query too complex' error from the ODBC driver. This error seems to
arise when navigating within the target database, e.g. using the First
method of the table, but only after the first record has been found
and successfully edited.

I guess that this is because the various move methods perform an
implicit post.

Is there anyway of navigating around the target database without
causing this implicit post, or is this not the problem?

Julian Hicks
j...@bconsult.thenet.co.uk